Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 52,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Calendar shows all Facebook birthdays - any way to remove?

Tip us?

czar.nik
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Calendar shows all Facebook birthdays - any way to remove?

Hi all
In love with this phone but one niggly very irritating issue I haven't been able to get around.... Calendar shows all Facebook birthdays and I can't seem to turn this "feature" off. Any ideas???

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

cedropol
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Try to get in Calendar, and on the screen at top left side you have three lines, it opens options of calendar view and on/off each calendars. Try to off some - involved with fb.

czar.nik
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tried that. Sadly none of them effect the Facebook birthdays.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

zaask
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Are you using Xperia with Facebook app?

You can see if this app is enabled in auto sync in settings. If yes, then, click on it and there you will see Calendar option under Application control setting, uncheck it and it will remove all the calendar related stuff from the phone.

I also uncheck the Calendar sync option within the Facebook app setting which you access from inside the app.

Hope this help you. If it doesn't work try logging out from the FB app, clearing its cache and login again and make sure you remove this check before everything sync, otherwise you will have same issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to zaask For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]