ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Flash of a wrong Kernel

OP maquille

5th May 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
HI everyone

I made a mistake yesterday, I flashed a wrong kernel ( the F4ktion dedicated to the CM11 versions while I was 10.2 (I didnt pay attention to the mention JB).

The phone rebooted and stucked on the samsung logo. Then, screen slowly turning gray.

Having access to the download mode, I flashed the bml4 rom stock (probably the main mistake) but this time the phone was stuck on the second samsung logo without turning gray.

Last point, it is impossible for me to get to recovery mode, download fashion meanwhile is still accessible.

Is there a solution?

Thanks
5th May 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Las Condes, Santiago
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
I'd download a stock image of the firmware, install it using Odin and download mode, then flash TWRP recovery, format everything, and install the original firmware again using Odin. That way, you'd make sure your phone is completely clean of errors. Also, is format the micro sd as exFat.

Hope it helps
5th May 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 74

296 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maquille

HI everyone

I made a mistake yesterday, I flashed a wrong kernel ( the F4ktion dedicated to the CM11 versions while I was 10.2 (I didnt pay attention to the mention JB).

The phone rebooted and stucked on the samsung logo. Then, screen slowly turning gray.

Having access to the download mode, I flashed the bml4 rom stock (probably the main mistake) but this time the phone was stuck on the second samsung logo without turning gray.

Last point, it is impossible for me to get to recovery mode, download fashion meanwhile is still accessible.

Is there a solution?

Thanks

You didn't need to ODIN the stock ROM back. You could've just reflash the correct kernel and wipe cache/davilk and it should work. What I would recommend you do know is flash a custom recovery and do a complete wipe than ODIN again.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgeealdunate

I'd download a stock image of the firmware, install it using Odin and download mode, then flash TWRP recovery, format everything, and install the original firmware again using Odin. That way, you'd make sure your phone is completely clean of errors. Also, is format the micro sd as exFat.

Hope it helps

I don't get it, why format the MicroSD card as exFAT? FAT32 works just fine unless you have a 32GB+ card.
6th May 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Hi
Thank's for your answers.

I'd like to keep the data on my sd card, so I have done the wipe cache and dalvik but still the same problems.

In your opinion, flash the cyanogen rom be able to fix this problem or isnt recommended?
If you have other opinions so I do not reset everything I'm interested. (Flash of good kernel, flash of f4ktion?..)
Otherwise I will resolve to do the full wipe.
Last edited by maquille; 6th May 2014 at 05:32 AM.
6th May 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #5  
Flag Las Condes, Santiago
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
You could try getting a stock kernel and flash it using Odin. I'd that doesn't work, i think you should full wipeand reinstall the firmware. I think you could also flash am original firmware image without wiping and that could fix the errors.
6th May 2014, 09:29 AM   |  #6  

296 posts
More
Quote:

Hi
Thank's for your answers.

I'd like to keep the data on my sd card, so I have done the wipe cache and dalvik but still the same problems.

In your opinion, flash the cyanogen rom be able to fix this problem or isnt recommended?
If you have other opinions so I do not reset everything I'm interested. (Flash of good kernel, flash of f4ktion?..)
Otherwise I will resolve to do the full wipe.

If you wiped davilk/cache and still doesn't work, it looks like you have to do a full wipe - no other ways around.

Just to clarify, you want to keep data on the internal storage or SD card? Full wipe does not wipe SD card unless you specifically tells it to.
6th May 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCS

If you wiped davilk/cache and still doesn't work, it looks like you have to do a full wipe - no other ways around.

Just to clarify, you want to keep data on the internal storage or SD card? Full wipe does not wipe SD card unless you specifically tells it to.

Internal storage...and flash a cyanogen rom couldnt be a solution?
7th May 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 20

90 posts
More
You still will need to flash a custom recovery first.

Than, if you want, you can install Cyanogen of course, it comes with kernel and all..

Just be sure that you are ready to switch the whole ROM
7th May 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #9  

296 posts
More
Quote:

Internal storage...and flash a cyanogen rom couldnt be a solution?

With a soft brick like stuck at boot animation, generally no. You need to do a clean wipe.
8th May 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
hi everyone! Firstly thank you for your help. so I resolved to do a complete wipe with relocation of a stock rom and it worked.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9195 en utilisant Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread