[Q] Windows 8.1 Drivers (Needed) for the 8.4 ?

OP 0-0-0

8th May 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

125 posts
More
Is it possible (or even necessary) to download and install Win 8.1 drivers without installing Kies, for the 8.4 ?

I've downloaded Samsung files via Windows Update and I can "see" the tablet in Windows.
But, transferring files via USB3 to the tablet, seems to take forever. Slowly than using my HTC One (M7) phone.

So, I've searched and downloaded, but not installed the two files which claim to be the correct drivers.
One is 23MB's in size and the other (SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.34.0.ex e) is 8.5MB's

I'm not sure if the tablet could be classed as a mobile phone and can use the same driver or as I suspect I need dedicated tablet drivers.

Thank you for any help.
8th May 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sevastopol
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-0-0

I'm not sure if the tablet could be classed as a mobile phone and can use the same driver or as I suspect I need dedicated tablet drivers.
Thank you for any help.

I think you can try. This is just cumulative drivers pack for Samsung (both - phones and tablets). All you need - the most fresh version of this pack.
Last edited by Manofjesus; 8th May 2014 at 01:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Manofjesus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofjesus

I think you can try. This is just cumulative drivers pack for Samsung (both - phones and tablets). All you need - the most fresh version of this pack.

Thanks for the reply
Tested out the "1.5.34.0" file and it installed OK.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread