S5 not refreshing phone service

OP blackwrx02

7th May 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

207 posts
Seems like the past week my phone hasn't been refreshing or searching for signal. Our local grocery store has no service. When I leave, I don't get service back unless I toggle airplane mode. Happened again this morning on the way to work. only 1 bar all the way to work, passed numerous cell sites (25 mile one way trip). Airplane mode toggle again fixed it.

Anyone else having this issue? Seems to handle wi-fi scanning ok.
7th May 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dauphin Island, AL
Thanks Meter: 63

175 posts
More
It's happened to me a few times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
8th May 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #3  
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 725

1,413 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwrx02

Seems like the past week my phone hasn't been refreshing or searching for signal. Our local grocery store has no service. When I leave, I don't get service back unless I toggle airplane mode. Happened again this morning on the way to work. only 1 bar all the way to work, passed numerous cell sites (25 mile one way trip). Airplane mode toggle again fixed it.

Anyone else having this issue? Seems to handle wi-fi scanning ok.

My wife on her S5 had similar problem. I went to At&t store and talk to manager. He told me to try new sim with secure element. Since card was free i did change. My wife told me she got no problem now at all. In my S5 i had card with secure element and never had problem like this. Can this phone works better with this cards, maybe or this is just co-accident.
The Following User Says Thank You to norbarb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

207 posts
Thanks for the info Norbarb. I do have the SIM from my S3 and not the updated one the phone came with. Maybe I'll swing by the store today and see if a swap helps things out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread