Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 38,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Asus RMA experience an adventure

Tip us?

scrosler
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 51,638

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimcreed22 View Post
Hello guys,i sended my tablet 2 times for the grounded touchscreen issue many of you know ,first time my tablet returned after 2 days at the repair center and the center didn't done anything to it,just a hard reset.
So I Send the tablet back for a second time ,this time the tablet was there over 20days,this time they replace a "usb board" so i thought problem fixed,today i got my tablet and it came with the same problem.... but this time more horrible with with missing touches all over the upper middle part of the Screen when it's not grounded and that's not enough,i was shocked when i saw the service damaged the frame of my tablet!! ,seems like someone did try to open it with a screwdriver and the frame has a damaged/broke part on the top right ,i called the service center and told them that the problem hasn't fixed still! and specially for the damaged they service did on the frame! and i did send a picture of it ,they told me they will make a new RMA and i will send it tomorrow AGAIN.
My adventure continues,i used to be a very big supporter of Asus... has anyone experience anything similar? please let me know ,or any suggestion guys

Wow, at least you got an RMA!!!

I know this is off topic but does relate to what you say...

I have tried RMA for a 3 mother boards over the years. The last motherboard, about 6 months ago... They never compelted the RAM process, they never sent an email confirmation, nothing. I emailed multiple times and they said they have no RMA. Then out of the blue the email with RMA number. This was after many attempts on the website. So I send said motherboard back to asus thinking it was an issue with the power capacitors (I am very knowledgeable when it comes to mother boards). Keeping in mind, it was still under warranty, they email me back saying that there are scratches around the CPU mounting holes that are causing the issue and its $180 to fix.
Then they dremmeled down even further to "show" me, totally ruining the board.

I have other stories too... That match yours as I only use Asus motherboards on my PC Builds... But that is matching your story. They made product worse and then told me its not under warranty.

Asus is a great manufacturer but the customer service is horrid.

Panja
Old
Thanks Meter 32
My Nexus 7 is @ Asus atm.
They received it today and sent me an email.
It'll take up to 7 - 10 business days before I know something...

I got 2 big red dots/smudges in/on my screen (on dark backgrounds)...

::
:: Google Nexus 7 (2013) ...
:: TWRP 2.7.1.1 :: CleanROM 3.7 ...

Flashalot
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panja View Post

I had those to I found out it was from to much pressure on the screen

Sent From Ville Candykat

Panja
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashalot View Post
I had those to I found out it was from to much pressure on the screen

Sent From Ville Candykat

Serious?!
I received my Nexus around a month ago.
Can't remember if I had them before but always using the Nexus with care...

gnotelover97
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panja View Post

I also am experiencing the same problem. It irritates a lot while watching movies.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Panja
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I just got mine back from Asus repair.
They replaced the LCD panel in my Nexus.
The 2 red smudges are gone but... I got 1 dead pixel back.

Phoned Asus support but apparently 1 dead pixel is within the legal margins here in NL and they cannot help me with this problem.

So long story short: 2 red smudges within a month of purchase, Asus replaced LCD, smudges gone, dead pixel instead.

DANIEL TAN
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have never been to a service center until I start using tablets made by ASUS.

The very first time I went to their service center is because I got a Transformer Prime (TF201) that bricked itself when updating the official firmware! They took about a week to repair and the motherboard is replaced. I didn't have time to give a thorough check as they are about to close the center (I went after work). When I got home, I check the condition again and found out that the frame is loosen and scratched. What's worse, this new motherboard made me unable to unlock the tablet when I have decided to go cyanogenmod, I had to send it to RMA (RMA for what is obviously a software issue) again in order to get it unlocked.

I swore I'll never buy any ASUS product again.

Despite the hatred towards ASUS, Google Nexus once again draw me back to ASUS. As much as I believe in Nexus brand, ASUS once again made me disappointed (obviously I've the same touchscreen issue). However, I'm hesitated as to whether I should send it to RMA or not. I don't want to have a tablet in physically good condition that come back with a loosen and scratched frame.

This issue don't just made me hate ASUS more, it also made me starts doubting my previous thinking that "Nexus is a good brand" to buy.