Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Accidently Deleted Android and Don't Know How To Reflash It!

OP GabuscusMason

6th May 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I had some problems with sound and couldn't get anything to fix it. So i rebooted the bootloader and was going to hard reset the device. But i accidently hit the wrong one and it deleted my OS. I don't know how to put android back on and my computer won't detect my device. My bootloader is unlocked and i have Team Win Recovery. What should i do?!
6th May 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 58

336 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabuscusMason

I had some problems with sound and couldn't get anything to fix it. So i rebooted the bootloader and was going to hard reset the device. But i accidently hit the wrong one and it deleted my OS. I don't know how to put android back on and my computer won't detect my device. My bootloader is unlocked and i have Team Win Recovery. What should i do?!

You will need to use the ADB sideload feature of TWRP to upload a rom to install. Research ADB on how to use it as well as the sideload feature of TWRP. You will need to connect the tablet to your PC for this,.
7th May 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #3  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 424

1,742 posts
Donate to Me
What he said ^^

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th May 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 57

266 posts
NRT has and does everything you need:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2389107

As long as you can get the ADB drivers installed on your PC, you can click Advanced Utilities "Launch," then "Flash Zips" and select a rom zip on your desktop to flash to the tablet.
8th May 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #5  
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,044

1,621 posts
More
And as for adb drivers, here is a link to a post by Koush with a driver install that should work without any issues.

https://plus.google.com/103583939320...ts/BQ5iYJEaaEH
8th May 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bel Air
Thanks Meter: 53

445 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRichardson

NRT has and does everything you need:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2389107

As long as you can get the ADB drivers installed on your PC, you can click Advanced Utilities "Launch," then "Flash Zips" and select a rom zip on your desktop to flash to the tablet.

I've done what the OP has done, and if I recall, getting the device into download mode will allow Wug's Toolbox to pick it up from there. I reinstalled the OEM rom, rerooted and reinstalled TWRP. You can download the OEM rom from the toolbox.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread