Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 43,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ROM with no connection to Cyanogen or MIUI

Tip us?

pickarooney
Old
(Last edited by pickarooney; 22nd April 2014 at 10:48 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] ROM with no connection to Cyanogen or MIUI

Hi,

I have this weird issue where every time I flash a Cyanogen based mod, (CM itself, SlimBean etc.) my IMEI gets wiped (see here) and I have no way of recoving it unless I flash a MIUI ROM which adds a dummy IMEI and then run a tool to recover the actual one.

What ROMS are out there that are not based on CM apart from MIUI (which is simply too slow on this phone)?

Alternatively, if anyone knows a way of flashing CM or SlimBean without it deleting the phone's IMEI, I'm all ears.

edit: If I had to guess I'd say there's something messed up with the partitions although I can't imagine what. Maybe Odin has some feature to detect/fix such a thing?

Thanks
P

Gokulbalram
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickarooney View Post
Hi,

I have this weird issue where every time I flash a Cyanogen based mod, (CM itself, SlimBean etc.) my IMEI gets wiped (see here) and I have no way of recoving it unless I flash a MIUI ROM which adds a dummy IMEI and then run a tool to recover the actual one.

What ROMS are out there that are not based on CM apart from MIUI (which is simply too slow on this phone)?

Alternatively, if anyone knows a way of flashing CM or SlimBean without it deleting the phone's IMEI, I'm all ears.

edit: If I had to guess I'd say there's something messed up with the partitions although I can't imagine what. Maybe Odin has some feature to detect/fix such a thing?

Thanks
P
Which CM do you use?
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S i9000 || Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.44 || Paranoid Android 4.44
Kernel: Stock PA || Stock PA
Processor: 100-1200 MHZ || 100-1400 MHZ
Governor: OnDemand || OnDemand

Elazizli
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Return to stock (odin) and after flash rom.

ROM can be erased in some. Especially Miui.(Sorry bad English)