[Q] ROM with no connection to Cyanogen or MIUI

22nd April 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

71 posts
Hi,

I have this weird issue where every time I flash a Cyanogen based mod, (CM itself, SlimBean etc.) my IMEI gets wiped (see here) and I have no way of recoving it unless I flash a MIUI ROM which adds a dummy IMEI and then run a tool to recover the actual one.

What ROMS are out there that are not based on CM apart from MIUI (which is simply too slow on this phone)?

Alternatively, if anyone knows a way of flashing CM or SlimBean without it deleting the phone's IMEI, I'm all ears.

edit: If I had to guess I'd say there's something messed up with the partitions although I can't imagine what. Maybe Odin has some feature to detect/fix such a thing?

Thanks
P
Last edited by pickarooney; 22nd April 2014 at 10:48 AM.
2nd May 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 84

465 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickarooney

Hi,

I have this weird issue where every time I flash a Cyanogen based mod, (CM itself, SlimBean etc.) my IMEI gets wiped (see here) and I have no way of recoving it unless I flash a MIUI ROM which adds a dummy IMEI and then run a tool to recover the actual one.

What ROMS are out there that are not based on CM apart from MIUI (which is simply too slow on this phone)?

Alternatively, if anyone knows a way of flashing CM or SlimBean without it deleting the phone's IMEI, I'm all ears.

edit: If I had to guess I'd say there's something messed up with the partitions although I can't imagine what. Maybe Odin has some feature to detect/fix such a thing?

Thanks
P

Which CM do you use?
8th May 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #3  
Flag Elazığ
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
More
Return to stock (odin) and after flash rom.

ROM can be erased in some. Especially Miui.(Sorry bad English)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread