Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

I9505 soft-bricked odin fails flashing roms

OP C4scade

14th February 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
I come from an Omega ROM v19 (4.3) rooted on a Galaxy S4
I tried to flash back the stock ROM that was a 4.2.2 and ODIN came with that message
Code:
<ID:0/008> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9505XXUEMJ5_I9505OXAEMJ5_I9505XXUEMJ5_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/008> Initialzation..
<ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/008> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/008> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/008> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/008> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/008> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/008> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/008> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/008> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/008> 
<ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1
In download mode after the flash fails, appears this message
Code:
START [224,1440]
SW REV. CHECK FAIL : fused : 4, Binary : 3
I cant't solve that soft-brick, i tried on different USB ports but seems that is not working, even changing ODIN version
Can you help me?
PS: Sorry for my bad english (:
Last edited by C4scade; 14th February 2014 at 02:45 PM.
15th February 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #2  
Ricardo_Is's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 556
 
837 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4scade

I come from an Omega ROM v19 (4.3) rooted on a Galaxy S4
I tried to flash back the stock ROM that was a 4.2.2 and ODIN came with that message

Code:
 Added!!
 Enter CS for MD5..
 Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
 Please wait..
 I9505XXUEMJ5_I9505OXAEMJ5_I9505XXUEMJ5_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
 Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
 Leave CS..
 Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
 File analysis..
 SetupConnection..
 Initialzation..
 Get PIT for mapping..
 Firmware update start..
 SingleDownload.
 sbl2.mbn
 NAND Write Start!! 
 sbl3.mbn
 rpm.mbn
 aboot.mbn
 FAIL! (Auth)
 
 Complete(Write) operation failed.
 All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1
In download mode after the flash fails, appears this message
Code:
START [224,1440]
SW REV. CHECK FAIL : fused : 4, Binary : 3
I cant't solve that soft-brick, i tried on different USB ports but seems that is not working, even changing ODIN version
Can you help me?
PS: Sorry for my bad english (:

Did you solved it?
If you have a nandroid backup just restore.
Before you try flash other stock firmware by Odin, perform a full wipe (Data/Cache and Dalvik).
Maybe it can solve your bad flash.

Edit : Did you check MD5 of your firmware?


📲 from my GT-I9300 NeatROM™ Slim AOSP V.2.8 🔝
Last edited by Ricardo_Is; 15th February 2014 at 03:34 AM.
15th February 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo_Is

Did you solved it?
If you have a nandroid backup just restore.
Before you try flash other stock firmware by Odin, perform a full wipe (Data/Cache and Dalvik).
Maybe it can solve your bad flash.

Edit : Did you check MD5 of your firmware?


📲 from my GT-I9300 NeatROM™ Slim AOSP V.2.8 🔝

Sorry for my bad english but
i also got the same error with odin :

aboot.mbn
FAIL! (Auth)

got no sound and got a black screen when calling mic also not working
flashing custom roms wont fix it any way to install stock i9505 rom without odin or kies ?
's it fixable any ideas ??
15th February 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo_Is

Did you solved it?
If you have a nandroid backup just restore.
Before you try flash other stock firmware by Odin, perform a full wipe (Data/Cache and Dalvik).
Maybe it can solve your bad flash.

Edit : Did you check MD5 of your firmware?


📲 from my GT-I9300 NeatROM™ Slim AOSP V.2.8 🔝

Man, i don't think that a nandroid backup can solve a binary error.. and yes, i checked the firmware md5, it's ok, it is from sammobile.com
15th February 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 447
 
1,458 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
I'd say if you've got aboot fail then your trying to flash older rom on a phone that's had newer rom on it aka Knox already.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
15th February 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Flash the ''i9505 pit'' file on odin in pda. That will fix
The Following User Says Thank You to mr.biceps For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Elgin
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Thumbs up DONE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.biceps

Flash the ''i9505 pit'' file on odin in pda. That will fix

Hi
I like to share how I fixed my S4 using ODIN 3.09

1. I flash the ''i9505 pit'' file on odin in pda (JUST THIS ONE FILE)
2. I used CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar
3. I tried to use Firmware with 4.3 because the phone had updated android to 4.3 v. but in the ODIN program appeared FAIL!
4. So I decided to install an older Firmware (with 4.2.2 v.) and it helped
Thank you for all the advice and good work XDA TEAM!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mgolejnik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #8  
CarlM34's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag GPS anyone?????
Thanks Meter: 2,762
 
2,645 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgolejnik

Hi
I like to share how I fixed my S4 using ODIN 3.09

1. I flash the ''i9505 pit'' file on odin in pda (JUST THIS ONE FILE)
2. I used CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar
3. I tried to use Firmware with 4.3 because the phone had updated android to 4.3 v. but in the ODIN program appeared FAIL!
4. So I decided to install an older Firmware (with 4.2.2 v.) and it helped
Thank you for all the advice and good work XDA TEAM!!!

Hi there,

Just out of interest, How did you manage to flash 4.2.2 firmware via Odin to a phone that had had the 4.3 firmware installed via an update??

I (and many others) are aware that 4.3/4 firmware has the KNOX enabled boot-loaders making it impossible to downgrade stock firmware

Or have I completely misunderstood your resolution/fix?

8th May 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Elgin
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlM34

Hi there,

Just out of interest, How did you manage to flash 4.2.2 firmware via Odin to a phone that had had the 4.3 firmware installed via an update??

I (and many others) are aware that 4.3/4 firmware has the KNOX enabled boot-loaders making it impossible to downgrade stock firmware

Or have I completely misunderstood your resolution/fix?

But I never wrote that I had installed version 4.3 / 4. This is the version which is installed this time: I9505XXUFNB9_I9505O2UFNA2_I9505XXUFNB9_HOME.tar after this I flash CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar and now it is rooted and it is KNOX (but not for long)

Maybe I made a mistake. If so, sorry
...
I MADE MISTAKE!!! I am so sorry for that!!!

I9505XXUFNB9_I9505O2UFNA2_I9505XXUFNB9_HOME.tar it is newest version it's 4.4.2!!! I am sorry again.
Last edited by mgolejnik; 9th May 2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: I made

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes