OP blak24

8th May 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Falconara Marittima
Thanks Meter: 10

171 posts
More
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to see my phone's internal memory (total and free) via ADB. I have a broken screen, so I can't access the phone directly. I searched a lot both here at XDA and on the web, but I did not find anything helpful for my case.

I need to check via ADB how much storage is available and free. I need this to check if the phone has been succesfully erased before selling it.
Is there a way to do this?
Thank you!
8th May 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 29

267 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blak24

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to see my phone's internal memory (total and free) via ADB. I have a broken screen, so I can't access the phone directly. I searched a lot both here at XDA and on the web, but I did not find anything helpful for my case.

I need to check via ADB how much storage is available and free. I need this to check if the phone has been succesfully erased before selling it.
Is there a way to do this?
Thank you!

You could do an ADB pull /sdcard/ (Or any variation thereof) and see if anything is pulled.
8th May 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Falconara Marittima

171 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeraphSephiroth

You could do an ADB pull /sdcard/ (Or any variation thereof) and see if anything is pulled.

The ADB pull tries to pull everything from that location? /sdcard is the path where the phone internal storage is mounted? I mean, this is a GS3, /sdcard/ is the available storage out of the box (approx. 12GB)?
8th May 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 29

267 posts
More
/sdcard/ (or /sdcard0/) will not have anything important if you wiped it. It should have a bunch of meaningless stuff

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
8th May 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Falconara Marittima

171 posts
More
Mmmm ok, I'll give it a try. But if I wish to format it what should I do from ADB?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread