Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ADB command to show phone's storage

Tip us?

blak24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default ADB command to show phone's storage

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to see my phone's internal memory (total and free) via ADB. I have a broken screen, so I can't access the phone directly. I searched a lot both here at XDA and on the web, but I did not find anything helpful for my case.

I need to check via ADB how much storage is available and free. I need this to check if the phone has been succesfully erased before selling it.
Is there a way to do this?
Thank you!

SeraphSephiroth
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by blak24 View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to see my phone's internal memory (total and free) via ADB. I have a broken screen, so I can't access the phone directly. I searched a lot both here at XDA and on the web, but I did not find anything helpful for my case.

I need to check via ADB how much storage is available and free. I need this to check if the phone has been succesfully erased before selling it.
Is there a way to do this?
Thank you!
You could do an ADB pull /sdcard/ (Or any variation thereof) and see if anything is pulled.
Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away.

blak24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeraphSephiroth View Post
You could do an ADB pull /sdcard/ (Or any variation thereof) and see if anything is pulled.
The ADB pull tries to pull everything from that location? /sdcard is the path where the phone internal storage is mounted? I mean, this is a GS3, /sdcard/ is the available storage out of the box (approx. 12GB)?

SeraphSephiroth
Old
Thanks Meter 26
/sdcard/ (or /sdcard0/) will not have anything important if you wiped it. It should have a bunch of meaningless stuff

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away.

blak24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Mmmm ok, I'll give it a try. But if I wish to format it what should I do from ADB?