Aqua Dark Material Theme for CM12

XDA Senior MemberSimix93prepared a nice looking theme changing the original colors into shades of green. … more

Fonts Collection for CyanogenMod 12

Check out this collection of amazing fonts ready to make your CyanogenMod 12 ROM even more beautiful. … more

Send Links to Any Nearby Device with CaastMe

There already are many solutions on the Google Play store if you want to send a link to one of … more

Samsung Galaxy S4 Is Getting Lollipop Update in Russia

Samsung Galaxy S4 users in Russia are getting the Lollipop update via OTA. The update … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Help on installing Cyanogenmod on Xperia SP

OP Heishi Jager

8th May 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Hi guys, I have the Xperia SP C5303 with an unlocked bootloader but the issue is I updated it and it's now running on Jellybean 4.3 Build number 12.1.A.1.201. I've done some research and got conflicting info as to whether I can root the phone and install Cyanogenmod. I'd really appreciate some help in this matter and especially if somebody can give me detailed instructions on how to root and install Cyanogenmod on this device if it's possible. Thanks in advance.
8th May 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #2  
Levered's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 1,796
 
1,778 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heishi Jager

Hi guys, I have the Xperia SP C5303 with an unlocked bootloader but the issue is I updated it and it's now running on Jellybean 4.3 Build number 12.1.A.1.201. I've done some research and got conflicting info as to whether I can root the phone and install Cyanogenmod. I'd really appreciate some help in this matter and especially if somebody can give me detailed instructions on how to root and install Cyanogenmod on this device if it's possible. Thanks in advance.

Just flash kernel with cwm and then flash cm and gapps with wipe data and cache
reboot
8th May 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #3  
eserogta's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Portugal,Sines
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Donate to Me
More
reply
I'm having the same problem that you friend :/
8th May 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 164
 
661 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
You need to flash the old 4.1.2 firmware first and carry out the root/recovery on that then do whatever you want after that.

People with unlocked BL may be able to tell you if theres a quicker way with flashtool to just flash a kernel with recovery but I dont know if thats the case.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oblox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levered

Just flash kernel with cwm and then flash cm and gapps with wipe data and cache
reboot

CAn you give me links to the latest cyanogenmod for this device as well as google apps?
8th May 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblox

You need to flash the old 4.1.2 firmware first and carry out the root/recovery on that then do whatever you want after that.

People with unlocked BL may be able to tell you if theres a quicker way with flashtool to just flash a kernel with recovery but I dont know if thats the case.

Thanks, think I'll do that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes