Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,683 Members 51,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help on installing Cyanogenmod on Xperia SP

Tip us?

Heishi Jager
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Help on installing Cyanogenmod on Xperia SP

Hi guys, I have the Xperia SP C5303 with an unlocked bootloader but the issue is I updated it and it's now running on Jellybean 4.3 Build number 12.1.A.1.201. I've done some research and got conflicting info as to whether I can root the phone and install Cyanogenmod. I'd really appreciate some help in this matter and especially if somebody can give me detailed instructions on how to root and install Cyanogenmod on this device if it's possible. Thanks in advance.

Levered
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,661

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heishi Jager View Post
Hi guys, I have the Xperia SP C5303 with an unlocked bootloader but the issue is I updated it and it's now running on Jellybean 4.3 Build number 12.1.A.1.201. I've done some research and got conflicting info as to whether I can root the phone and install Cyanogenmod. I'd really appreciate some help in this matter and especially if somebody can give me detailed instructions on how to root and install Cyanogenmod on this device if it's possible. Thanks in advance.
Just flash kernel with cwm and then flash cm and gapps with wipe data and cache
reboot

Please give me second chances to buy another xperia after my xperia has totally dead. Please donate me.

eserogta
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default reply

I'm having the same problem that you friend :/

Oblox
Old
Thanks Meter 85
You need to flash the old 4.1.2 firmware first and carry out the root/recovery on that then do whatever you want after that.

People with unlocked BL may be able to tell you if theres a quicker way with flashtool to just flash a kernel with recovery but I dont know if thats the case.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oblox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Heishi Jager
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levered View Post
Just flash kernel with cwm and then flash cm and gapps with wipe data and cache
reboot
CAn you give me links to the latest cyanogenmod for this device as well as google apps?

Heishi Jager
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblox View Post
You need to flash the old 4.1.2 firmware first and carry out the root/recovery on that then do whatever you want after that.

People with unlocked BL may be able to tell you if theres a quicker way with flashtool to just flash a kernel with recovery but I dont know if thats the case.
Thanks, think I'll do that.