FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

[Q] Help on installing Cyanogenmod on Xperia SP

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Heishi Jager, Junior Member on 8th May 2014, 02:34 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys, I have the Xperia SP C5303 with an unlocked bootloader but the issue is I updated it and it's now running on Jellybean 4.3 Build number 12.1.A.1.201. I've done some research and got conflicting info as to whether I can root the phone and install Cyanogenmod. I'd really appreciate some help in this matter and especially if somebody can give me detailed instructions on how to root and install Cyanogenmod on this device if it's possible. Thanks in advance.

8th May 2014, 03:27 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 2,095

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heishi Jager

Hi guys, I have the Xperia SP C5303 with an unlocked bootloader but the issue is I updated it and it's now running on Jellybean 4.3 Build number 12.1.A.1.201. I've done some research and got conflicting info as to whether I can root the phone and install Cyanogenmod. I'd really appreciate some help in this matter and especially if somebody can give me detailed instructions on how to root and install Cyanogenmod on this device if it's possible. Thanks in advance.

Just flash kernel with cwm and then flash cm and gapps with wipe data and cache
reboot
8th May 2014, 03:29 PM |#3  
Flag Portugal,Sines

Donate to Me
More
I'm having the same problem that you friend :/
8th May 2014, 03:50 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
You need to flash the old 4.1.2 firmware first and carry out the root/recovery on that then do whatever you want after that.

People with unlocked BL may be able to tell you if theres a quicker way with flashtool to just flash a kernel with recovery but I dont know if thats the case.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oblox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 04:15 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nairobi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levered

Just flash kernel with cwm and then flash cm and gapps with wipe data and cache
reboot

CAn you give me links to the latest cyanogenmod for this device as well as google apps?
8th May 2014, 04:32 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nairobi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblox

You need to flash the old 4.1.2 firmware first and carry out the root/recovery on that then do whatever you want after that.

People with unlocked BL may be able to tell you if theres a quicker way with flashtool to just flash a kernel with recovery but I dont know if thats the case.

Thanks, think I'll do that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread