Reset rooted Device instructions

OP marty1983

8th May 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello everyone,

i want to sent my (6 month old )Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 back, because i have problem with my battery. So i want to perfom a factory reset.
But i rooted my device and flash it with the Samsung Stock 4.2.2 german version.
My question is , in which order and how i have to do "triangle away",flash the stock Rom 4.1 ( german version) and unrooting. Is there anything i have to pay attention when i do this ?
please i need really help with this.

Thank you
8th May 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 69

349 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty1983

Hello everyone,

i want to sent my (6 month old )Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 back, because i have problem with my battery. So i want to perfom a factory reset.
But i rooted my device and flash it with the Samsung Stock 4.2.2 german version.
My question is , in which order and how i have to do "triangle away",flash the stock Rom 4.1 ( german version) and unrooting. Is there anything i have to pay attention when i do this ?
please i need really help with this.

Thank you

First of, make sure triangle away has cleared your counter. You can verify within the Triangle away app, as it will boot you into down loader to see the counter. It should be at 1 with a custom ROM. If factory, it may be at 0. I used saferoot, as it does not effect the counter, and triangle away is not needed.

Once verified you can remove triangle away, and perform the clean uninstall of SuperSU.

If you installed a custom loader, you will need to boot into the loader to clear cache and format partition. With a stock ROM this is not needed.

Once you do a clean uninstall of SuperSU, reboot and when at the home screen you can perform the factory reset in settings, security.

Once you perform the reset, the device should be back to like new with stock ROM.

Factory reset is only needed with stock ROM, if custom ROM is used, skip the factory reset and boot into down loader and use Odin 3.07 to upload your factory ROM you downloaded.

Note: SD card will not be affected by the factory reset.
8th May 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Is with clean Uninstall = the option unrooting device ?
8th May 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 69

349 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty1983

Is with clean Uninstall = the option unrooting device ?

In SuperSu's settings, there are a few options to remove in the clean up section. One is clean up for reinstall. That will remove all of SuperSu from your device.

I also removed Triangle away from within its settings as well.
Last edited by gooberdude; 8th May 2014 at 04:22 PM.
8th May 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberdude

In SuperSu's settings, there are a few options to remove in the clean up section. One is clean up for reinstall. That will remove all of SuperSu from your device.

I also removed Triangle away from within its settings as well.

But do i have to unoot the device first or it does not matter ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread