Ask a question

No registration required

Whatsapp connection issues

OP rorrism

23rd April 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
Hi, I wonder if anybody can help me. Up until the day before yesterday I was using whatsapp fine over wifi (where I am at the moment there is no mobile signal) on my O2 UK Z1 and then whatsapp lost all connection. Everything else on the phone was working fine but no whatsapp. Every message I sent would go to the clock, no information when people were last online and the faq etc. in the settings would not load because of lack of connection.

I uninstalled the app and then installed it again and all was fine, after sending a few messages the same error occurred again. I have now found that if I clear data in the app settings it will connect again, once I have reconfigured the app and restored from backup. I can only assume that there is some sort of buffer which I am clearing as I lose a few messages when I clear data (all since last backup).

Barring doing a delete of all backups and messages does anyone have any other idea. I have looked and the backup files are about 1.7mb so not massive and I have a fair bit of storage available onboard (>7gb).

I was talking to someone with a HTC phone who had suffered similar symptoms but I have googled and searched and can't find a solution.

Any help much appreciated.

Mark
7th May 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
2 weeks off work and no issues, as soon as I have returned the issue has reared it's head so looks like it's something to do with the wifi here. Everything else works fine and fast so I guess I'll just have to live with it
7th May 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Knjazevac
Thanks Meter: 24

281 posts
More
Try to factory reset or reinstall mobile data settings
8th May 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #4  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 617

2,984 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxdax89

Try to factory reset or reinstall mobile data settings

A factory reset for a cheap Whazz, huge work buddy...lol... at last it's an idea but I will try reinstall mobile settings before that or uninstall and reinstall Whatsup.
8th May 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
I work in a very remote location, I have wifi (which is distributed from a satellite feed) out here and for my mobile phone that is the only connection option. When I am away from work whatsapp always works, both over wifi and cellular data. At work I keep my phone in aeroplane mode with wifi turned on to try and preserve some battery (there is no point in my phone constantly looking for a non existent cellular signal).

This morning I deleted all messages in whatsapp, uninstalled the app and re-installed/configured. Usually I get a failure within 24 hours of doing this so we'll see whether this rectifies the issue.

I know I'm not the only person out here that has had the issue so it is either a coincidence or something with the way the wifi is configured here. I just assumed that the wifi would either work or not but, I am not an expert.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread