Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Kernel Problems

OP oCazper

8th May 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Why is that when i flash a kernel on a compatible rom it boots to the samsung note 2 logo for a few seconds then it just sits there black?, no progress is ever made, only sitting there black. when i decide to restore to the fresh nandroid backup i made before the kernel flash it always corrupts it somehow and i cant restore to it, always gives me an error at the restoring data part . Its for the tmobile note 2; please and thanks for the help
8th May 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Valley View, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,082

1,368 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oCazper

Why is that when i flash a kernel on a compatible rom it boots to the samsung note 2 logo for a few seconds then it just sits there black?, no progress is ever made, only sitting there black. when i decide to restore to the fresh nandroid backup i made before the kernel flash it always corrupts it somehow and i cant restore to it, always gives me an error at the restoring data part . Its for the tmobile note 2; please and thanks for the help

we need more details. rom, recovery info?
8th May 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
I currently am running slimkat rom 4.4.2 on my note 2(tmo), when I flashed Perseus kernel on my phone I was using a regular debloated 4.3 rom but still went black. I have CWM, when I flashed everything was good(booting up never past the black screen) when I went to recover back to my fresh backup it starts off good but when I gets to recovering data it sits there for a few minutes and then it gives me an error "error recovering from backup". I wish I had more to say but I'm writing this from my phone

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th May 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Valley View, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,082

1,368 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oCazper

I currently am running slimkat rom 4.4.2 on my note 2(tmo), when I flashed Perseus kernel on my phone I was using a regular debloated 4.3 rom but still went black. I have CWM, when I flashed everything was good(booting up never past the black screen) when I went to recover back to my fresh backup it starts off good but when I gets to recovering data it sits there for a few minutes and then it gives me an error "error recovering from backup". I wish I had more to say but I'm writing this from my phone

make sure you are on the latest version of CWM. I don't know if perseus is still supported. I would give agni or devil kernel a try. also flash your rom then boot it up. Then reboot back to recovery and flash the kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to mattlowry For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thank you, I'll give it a try in a few

Edit: sorry it took a while to respond after flashing one of your suggested kernels; I flashed devils kernel and it worked great no black screens, absolutely no problem at all

Last edited by oCazper; 11th May 2014 at 06:56 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread