Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

[Q] CM causes reboot loop

OP alexander7567

7th May 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

52 posts
Donate to Me
I installed CM using CWM onto my HTC Deluxe. I tried 4 different nightlies and the 10.2 stable and after installing any of them, I get this... it reboots into the white htc screen with a quick vibrate. Then it goes black for a second and reboots again. No CM screen or anything!

I've tried flashing it multiple times, doing factory resets, clearing cache and dalvaic cache. I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Oh and with the 10.2, instead of rebooting it just gets stuck at the HTC white screen!
8th May 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 563

2,956 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you unlocked the bootloader with htcdev.com and are still S-On, you need to flash the boot.img via fastboot. Common cause of your type of problems.
8th May 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

52 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

If you unlocked the bootloader with htcdev.com and are still S-On, you need to flash the boot.img via fastboot. Common cause of your type of problems.

Well I looked and sure enough it is s-on. So I know the process of flashing an img with flashboot, but where can I aquire the correct boot.img? I am sure it needs to be a trusty source because I would imagine the boot image could really cause damage.
8th May 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #4  

2,956 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander7567

Well I looked and sure enough it is s-on. So I know the process of flashing an img with flashboot, but where can I aquire the correct boot.img? I am sure it needs to be a trusty source because I would imagine the boot image could really cause damage.

You just need to extract it from whichever version of CMrom.zip you are trying to use.
8th May 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

52 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

You just need to extract it from whichever version of CMrom.zip you are trying to use.

Okay cool! Easy enough. Question before I do this though... If I flash boot.img with fastboot, will this acheive soff? Neither rumrunner or Firewater works! And if I do this what will have have to do to go back to my stock Rom for any reason using CWM?
8th May 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #6  

2,956 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander7567

Okay cool! Easy enough. Question before I do this though... If I flash boot.img with fastboot, will this acheive soff? Neither rumrunner or Firewater works! And if I do this what will have have to do to go back to my stock Rom for any reason using CWM?

No, this will not affect S-On/Off status. This is because the bootloader unlock provided by HTC is really only a partial one. It allows you to install custom roms, themes, mods, etc, but not to allow installation of a custom kernel through recovery. That's why you have to pull it from the rom and flash it separate. Once you do that, then it will behave like normal. You can also use an app like Flashify to install the boot.img, then boot to recovery and flash the rom, if you don't have access to a PC. Just make sure to do a nandroid BEFORE that, otherwise it will back up the new kernel you flashed on top of the older OS, so might not be compatible, especially when switching between stock and CM based things.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread