Missing Apps Upon Restart

OP xirnibor

7th May 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

99 posts
i installed a calc.apk manually via adb push. i see the app in my app list on the watch, however when i restart the app is gone. i also have nova launcher installed, and can see the calc app is actually still installed, it's just not showing anymore on the touchwiz launcher. is there something i can uncheck, or check from my phone that is screwing it up from a sync or something?

** i actually tested turning off the bluetooth on my phone so it wouldn't pair with watch. and i rebooted phone after re-pushing the calc file. the file stays in my app list. so somewhere something is unsyncing information from phone to watch when it pairs. i just dont know where to look.
Last edited by xirnibor; 7th May 2014 at 08:08 PM.
7th May 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xirnibor

i installed a calc.apk manually via adb push. i see the app in my app list on the watch, however when i restart the app is gone. i also have nova launcher installed, and can see the calc app is actually still installed, it's just not showing anymore on the touchwiz launcher. is there something i can uncheck, or check from my phone that is screwing it up from a sync or something?

** i actually tested turning off the bluetooth on my phone so it wouldn't pair with watch. and i rebooted phone after re-pushing the calc file. the file stays in my app list. so somewhere something is unsyncing information from phone to watch when it pairs. i just dont know where to look.

***further testing - i installed gear manager v1.6.132701 - phone said i had to update to use samsung gear manager. i did. as long as i dont show the device *paired in samsung manager, all side loaded apps seem to work fine. if i pair it in manager, poof the app disappears until i disable pair and restart watch.
7th May 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #3  
Known issue (feature?) of later versions of gear manager. Sideloaded apps will disappear from touchwiz launcher (you need to downgrade gm or install another launcher)
8th May 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo

Known issue (feature?) of later versions of gear manager. Sideloaded apps will disappear from touchwiz launcher (you need to downgrade gm or install another launcher)

how do i load another installer? i tried an old version (16) and as soon as i opens, it forces me to update?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread