Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 52,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] VoLTE question HTC one M8 sprint

Tip us?

petsik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] VoLTE question HTC one M8 sprint

All I want to know is if the New HTC one M8 for sprint will be able to handle the change to VoLTE when and if it happens? I am in my 14 day grace period and want to know so I can either keep it or return, and go back to my S3 until compatible phones are produced.
Thanks for responses

reinaldistic
Old
Thanks Meter 171

DONATE TO ME
i might be wrong but i think they're already using volte with phones that are spark compatible. i know regular lte phones can surf the web while talking on the phone and my htc one m8 can't because it uses spark.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

petsik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I know that Sprint is not using VoLTE and that is why you can't go on the web and talk at the same time. Right now with spark you have one radio doing the 2 jobs so it kicks you off the lte to get the call on cdma. I just want to know for sure if this phone HTC One M8 Sprint will be capable to do VoLTE from an software upgrade, not hardware upgrade, when sprint does VoLTE. I get pretty good service here in Chicago and good battery life, but I want to check stuff while I am talking on speaker phone.
thanks

robertriverabula
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The only option I see viable will be a mod through root changing to normal 4G LTE , and when the VoLTE IS available switch back, hopefully a developer will make it possible