Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 54,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Back cover came damaged

Tip us?

the258
Old
(Last edited by the258; 5th May 2014 at 08:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
I understand as well that you paid a large amount and expect it to be in great condition but since being pretty much screwed by vzw you have these option
return it and get a new one.
get the like new phone and hope it comes with a cover, keep the cover and send the like new phone back.
buy a phone protector/case. I have the otterbox commuter, covers the phone, protects it well and not big of a case as I imagined.
wait for oem covers or replacement covers pop up on sale.
get the oem samsung cover with the screen flip folio thing.
or trade with some body that wont mind.

goodluck

edit: they have quite a few oem covers on ebay

Mr. bird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by the258 View Post
I understand as well that you paid a large amount and expect it to be in great condition but since being pretty much screwed by vzw you have these option
return it and get a new one.
get the like new phone and hope it comes with a cover, keep the cover and send the like new phone back.
buy a phone protector/case. I have the otterbox commuter, covers the phone, protects it well and not big of a case as I imagined.
wait for oem covers or replacement covers pop up on sale.
get the oem samsung cover with the screen flip folio thing.
or trade with some body that wont mind.

goodluck

edit: they have quite a few oem covers on ebay
I was told if I return the phone I have to pay a restocking fee. I'm gonna go down to the store and talk to the person that ordered it for me. See what they say. I have a case on it and I am on the edge program so I do have to worry about selling the phone. If I can't get a replacement back cover, it's not the end of the world. I just think it should be right and it should be a problem getting it replaced.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

the258
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. bird View Post
I was told if I return the phone I have to pay a restocking fee. I'm gonna go down to the store and talk to the person that ordered it for me. See what they say. I have a case on it and I am on the edge program so I do have to worry about selling the phone. If I can't get a replacement back cover, it's not the end of the world. I just think it should be right and it should be a problem getting it replaced.

totally agree with you, if I get something brand spanking new it better not be damaged and defects taken care of. I was just supplying some choices you could have gone with.

JamesChilds
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
To all of you people saying it is just a battery door, you are aware this phone is water resistant for a short time. If these cracks are large enough to allow water into normally gasketed off areas that completely ruins one of the major selling points of the phone.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by demacus View Post
yeah man, that's clear but i meant the ...111.... in ROM version, thats the regional code I think....

regards
Be stern with them. Tell them you know someone can replace it for you and you refuse to get off the phone till someone resolves your issue. Don't be rude, don't be load, don't cuss. Be respectful and explain your situation. Ask if they can help you, and if not to be escalated to whoever can. Just refuse to get off the line politely as you need Verizon to fix its mistake.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

If they get to a point where they say they are the highest escalation, ask to talk to corporate.

JamesChilds
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Attachment 2729930

My auto correct made me type this out terribly... But maybe this will help. Facebook/twitter can get stuff done.

JamesChilds
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399425079411.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	2729938

My auto correct made me type this out terribly... But maybe this will help. Facebook/twitter can get stuff done.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

The Following User Says Thank You to JamesChilds For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

specter07
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Ask them to send you a complete refurbished device when it arrives swap the back cover and send the refurbished device back. Problem solved!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
AT&T HTC ONE (M7)
ROM: ViperOne by Turge
Kernel: Kangaroo Kernel by poondog
Case: Platinum Series - Kickstand Case

Retired
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
ROM: SKY-JellyBean by seanzscreams
Kernel: CM10/CM9/AOKP Kernel v6.3.6 by InstigatorX
Radio: UCLF6 by seanzscreams

Mr. bird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesChilds View Post
Attachment 2729938

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

They don't want other people seeing crap. That's a good idea going through Facebook. I still haven't had time to stop at the store. Maybe I'll try that. Thanks

Mr. bird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
I just walked out of the Verizon store where I ordered my phone from with a new back cover. I told them what happened, they looked up my account, went in the back and gave me a new cover. Calling verizon and Samsung was a waste of time.