Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung Galaxy S3 mini is completely dead

OP KoolKid98189

23rd January 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #21  
Flag Eutin
Thanks Meter: 20

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PelosBi

Have you any news about the problem in your phone?
Mine (i8190 with one of the mclaws roms from previous week) also appeared in the morning shut down and there's no way of starting it. It does not even vibrate when power button pressed, as if the battery was completely empty.
Tried with another battery and checked that the original one had charge, but no luck. It does not start (normal, download or recovery, makes no difference).

Any ideas?

I had an similair problem like you. My phone died suddenly and nothing worked and if I say nothing I mean nothing, like you. I send it back and they changed the mainboard and the battery. I knew it was flashed with CM, but they werent able to find out So at least try it ;D
24th January 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

304 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux95

I had an similair problem like you. My phone died suddenly and nothing worked and if I say nothing I mean nothing, like you. I send it back and they changed the mainboard and the battery. I knew it was flashed with CM, but they werent able to find out So at least try it ;D

But then I tried to give it to Samsung so they went to download mode and saw that it was Custom and not Official.
24th January 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member

304 posts
More
The repair company gave up on repairing it though :'(
25th January 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #24  
Flag Eutin
Thanks Meter: 20

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKid98189

But then I tried to give it to Samsung so they went to download mode and saw that it was Custom and not Official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKid98189

The repair company gave up on repairing it though :'(

I'm sorry :/ My device wasn't able to get into download-mode so I had luck..
25th January 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member

304 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux95

I'm sorry :/ My device wasn't able to get into download-mode so I had luck..

Don't worry, I bought the phone from Amazon so I contacted them and now they are sending me a free replacement and they even upgraded it to first class for free compensation
31st January 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Same problem here. Yesterday my phone went dead. Tried to charge it, it gives no response at all (no charging led, no vibration). I think it might be a problem with battery. What do you guys think? Also, I have to friends with s3mini and they both had the same problem 5 and 3 days ago. Isn't it weird that so many s3minis went dead at the same time? :\
Last edited by g00bm4n; 6th February 2014 at 09:11 PM.
1st February 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member

304 posts
More
Don't bother turning it on, send it to Samsung and they will replace the motherboard and they will never find out that it's rooted.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using xda app-developers app
2nd February 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Same problem here, i will sent it to samsung as soon as possible.
8th May 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member

304 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_stef

Same problem here, i will sent it to samsung as soon as possible.

Or just return it to your seller. The contract of sales lies with the seller, not for you to send it to the manufacturer. I fully drained the battery of my bricked S3 mini before sending it back to Amazon (my seller) and they never found out it was rooted

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread