Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

[Q] At&t phone on Tmobile network

3rd May 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
A friend upgraded his phone to the note 3 and gave me his At&t note 2. I am with Tmobile. I am going to have it unlocked. I want to root it and flash a rom to it. Since its was on At&t network do I flash it with a rom from the At&t section or Tmobile section? If i am missing anything else that is required other than which section to use for rom flashing please feel free to inform me.
3rd May 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montgomery, Al
Thanks Meter: 71

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycd01

A friend upgraded his phone to the note 3 and gave me his At&t note 2. I am with Tmobile. I am going to have it unlocked. I want to root it and flash a rom to it. Since its was on At&t network do I flash it with a rom from the At&t section or Tmobile section? If i am missing anything else that is required other than which section to use for rom flashing please feel free to inform me.

You can flash just about any rom from the AT&T section because most do not flash over the modem you have installed. I believe the DN3 rom is the only exception to this rule. For AOSP based roms, you can flash any of the roms here. You may also want to check the N7105 XDA area because it has more options than the TMO Note 2 section.

Bajan will probably add more clarification here because he has a TMO and AT&T Note 2 and visits all 3 forum areas.
The Following User Says Thank You to seejeremy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Angry save some Dough!!
I have a AT&T i337 lost service then went to local cell store.. Switched to Met==PCS.. 60/month unlimited data.. Plus they are on the T-Mobile network just as good just cheaper.. I haven't been throttled at all that I can tell...
4th May 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 56

1,127 posts
I have the ATT Note 2 and currently using it with TMo and I am getting LTE speed and HSPA+ on the reform 1900 area. You don't have to do anything with the modem as long as you have it unlocked. I have only been using ATT based rom on my phone. And everything works, MMS, data, call etc. I do encounter some issue where it hangs while pulling data (not too often) but for most part it works great. I either just have to turn the network on/off or just a restart. I do not use any of the Tmo software like visual voice mail or wifi calling (as you won't be able to use it with any of the ATT ROM).
4th May 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 8

69 posts
More
I have a One X on T-Mobile from AT&T and so far everything is great. Just have to be in a 1900 MHZ or LTE area to get high speed data.

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Free mobile app
5th May 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #6  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 132

324 posts
More
I also have the i317 on T-Mobile. I am using the latest MK6 modem for the i317. You can also optionally perform the AWS Mod to enable 4G on the 1700MHz band. Whatever you do, make sure you do not flash a modem meant for the T-Mobile Note 2 (T889) or you will end up with a brick. As was already mentioned any of the ROMs in the Development section will work for this device.
8th May 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #7  
Flag lahore
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycd01

You can flash it with a rom from Tmobile Section

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread