Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 No Mobile Network, Mobile Network State Disconnected

Tip us?

Keyonwise
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone CM11 No Mobile Network, Mobile Network State Disconnected

Whenever I flash cm 10.2 cm 11 any rom at all I face the problem of no internet. So I go back to stock. I have my baseband, build # important stuff like that. I always have to take out my assert lines. So when I flash any rom the fine line will say;
;Mount
or something like that I delete all the assert lines and I was told to keep assert lines but just change them to my baseband and stuff. Any help would be appreciated. & btw the problem is it says Mobile State: Disconnected. But I'm in service too.

geesedude
Old
(Last edited by geesedude; 20th March 2014 at 06:14 PM.) Reason: added more info
Thanks Meter 3
I have the same problem. Been searching for a while and trying different fixes, but doesn't seem to be working. I'm on ATT galaxy S3, tho. If someone's got a working ATT S3 and let me know exactly what ROM, gapp, modem, etc they used, would much appreciate it.

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyonwise View Post
Whenever I flash cm 10.2 cm 11 any rom at all I face the problem of no internet. So I go back to stock. I have my baseband, build # important stuff like that. I always have to take out my assert lines. So when I flash any rom the fine line will say;
;Mount
or something like that I delete all the assert lines and I was told to keep assert lines but just change them to my baseband and stuff. Any help would be appreciated. & btw the problem is it says Mobile State: Disconnected. But I'm in service too.
More info is needed, such as carrier. I'm guessing either Virgin Mobile or Boost if you need to remove asserts on any of the pre-unified builds (this would hold true for any ROM that has switched to d2lte from d2spr). If that is the case, then you don't have the correct APN's configured. Also, it usually doesn't hurt to be running the most current modem (MK3 for Sprint, MK5 for VM/Boost). Again, the more info the better, then people don't have to play Twenty Questions in order to get to the heart of the matter.

geesedude
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default This may work...

So, after trying countless options that i found on this site, and after dozens of flashing roms, modems, kernels, booloaders, restores, etc... turns out that i was doing everything right and there was nothing wrong with the install or the phone itself. After contacting my carrier (PTEL Mobile) for the third time, (first time they told me they had an outage, second time they told me to set the APN setting correctly - neither of which was incorrect on my end or the cause), they said they will try RESETting the DATA on their end. And guess what - that worked.

If you think you did everything correctly but still not getting data, i suggest you make your provider to do the same, or at least pry them as much as you can about your problem and what they can do about it. I wasted to much time and effort (my poor phone) on this and the solution was simple, and not my fault. Hope this helps others.

S0lstice
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck View Post
More info is needed, such as carrier. I'm guessing either Virgin Mobile or Boost if you need to remove asserts on any of the pre-unified builds (this would hold true for any ROM that has switched to d2lte from d2spr). If that is the case, then you don't have the correct APN's configured. Also, it usually doesn't hurt to be running the most current modem (MK3 for Sprint, MK5 for VM/Boost). Again, the more info the better, then people don't have to play Twenty Questions in order to get to the heart of the matter.
Hiya, I'm currently having the same problem as the OP. Mobile state disconnected but it says I am in service. Using latest version of Philz recovery and I flashed the most recent nightly of the Cyanogenmod 11 -4.4.2 KitKat (April 5th, 2014).Carrier is Virgin Mobile, using Samsung Galaxy SIII SPH-L710. PRL is most recent one 33030 and modem is MK5. I did however, flash the rom without deleting the assert lines, since I did not know I had to delete some assert lines. Any help with this? Thanks.

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0lstice View Post
Hiya, I'm currently having the same problem as the OP. Mobile state disconnected but it says I am in service. Using latest version of Philz recovery and I flashed the most recent nightly of the Cyanogenmod 11 -4.4.2 KitKat (April 5th, 2014).Carrier is Virgin Mobile, using Samsung Galaxy SIII SPH-L710. PRL is most recent one 33030 and modem is MK5. I did however, flash the rom without deleting the assert lines, since I did not know I had to delete some assert lines. Any help with this? Thanks.
Deleting asserts is only for d2spr specific builds, that doesn't apply to d2lte builds (hence the reference to "pre-unified builds" in my first post). Your issue is most likely also related to APN's. However, there are also known data issues on a lot of the latest CM nightlies, and also on the ROM's that rely heavily on CM as a code source. I would strongly recommend reading the last several pages of the thread for any ROM that falls into this category in order to see what other users are reporting along these lines.

wadavison
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default CM11 No Mobile Network

Hey guys,

Noob here. I'm running CM11-20140428-NIGHTLY-jflte on a Galaxy S4 GT-i9507(international, optus) but bootscreen now says 9505(not sure if that's important).

I've had Mobile Network State: Disconnected for the last three nightlies. On CM11 M3 it was working all good, but now no luck.

So I've tried a few things and I've come to the point where I'm going to try the factory reset then reflash CM11 and fingers crossed it will work.

Can anyone talk me through the proper procedure for this? I've made a full backup on my external SD using CWM 6.0.4.7 and transferred it to

computer just in case. So would anyone be awesome enough to take me through it step by step.

Cheers,

Ickyz
Old
(Last edited by Ickyz; 30th April 2014 at 12:37 AM.) Reason: heck of it
Thanks Meter 3
Default hhmmm

Use Rom Manager app and Fix Perrmisson
I install a bunch of roms on my dadz s3 and had 2 DirtyFlash it
And then used Wifi 2 get the app itselfz and it fix'd 88 permission
Idk jus tryn 2 help

Had sumthing 2 do w Gapps causing my issue
Sent From Unlock'd Lg Flex D950
. w/ .
Kitkat 4.4.2 Root'd
The Following User Says Thank You to Ickyz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wadavison
Old
(Last edited by wadavison; 7th May 2014 at 02:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default CM11 No Mobile Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickyz View Post
Use Rom Manager app and Fix Perrmisson
I install a bunch of roms on my dadz s3 and had 2 DirtyFlash it
And then used Wifi 2 get the app itselfz and it fix'd 88 permission
Idk jus tryn 2 help

Had sumthing 2 do w Gapps causing my issue
Just Fixed Permissions using Rom Manager, still no good.

MikeekiM
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Stock no APN settings at all

I have looked everywhere and found nothing for the last 3 weeks. I have a stock, sprint S3 on straight talk (my son's phone) it will not get 4g lte data what so ever. My phone is the exact same phone, and it does get 4g lte data. I tried all the basics ##72786# data on off check airplane mode...nothing. Mobile network state is "disconnected". So I opened data ##3282# to compare apn settings with my phone. I made sure everything matched, and when I get to "LTE APN Settings" I open it up, and nothing is there except APNs nothing, blank. Also missing is "Dial Up Networking" that option does not exist on my son's phone. He updated to kitkat (uggh) but the problem was present before that. Checked the phone, and it is not rooted. Funny thing is the phone updates with 4g lte running after dialing ##72786#, but that goes away after it completes. Texting works, but no mms (pictures etc.) and if I set it to cdma only it gets 3g, otherwise no data at all. Anybody?