Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Whatsapp and clock widget pushed out of memory

Tip us?

bondocel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Default [Q] Whatsapp and clock widget pushed out of memory

Hello,
I am currently using SVHD sense lite rom because of this issue.
When i am using any kitkat/jb rom (cm or AOKP or GimmeAbreak or MIUI jb) something strange happens with whatsapp or mail or some clock+weather widgets get pushed out of memory imo.
If i don't use whatsapp for about 1 hour and somebody sends me a message i see the message only if i manualy open whatsapp (i don't get notification nothing) it aplies to email even if i set the refresh time to 15 minutes i still get emails only if i manually open email app.
On miui i used weather bz and the clock remained behind hours at a time ( the time was 17:45 but the widget was showing 15:33) everithing went to normal after i opened the app.
This is very strange to me. I don't konw how to fix this issue and it is keeping me from using a cm based rom .
If any of you bumped and fixed this pls help me.
Don't forget to press "THANKS" button if i helped

mickeyasamoah
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondocel View Post
Hello,
I am currently using SVHD sense lite rom because of this issue.
When i am using any kitkat/jb rom (cm or AOKP or GimmeAbreak or MIUI jb) something strange happens with whatsapp or mail or some clock+weather widgets get pushed out of memory imo.
If i don't use whatsapp for about 1 hour and somebody sends me a message i see the message only if i manualy open whatsapp (i don't get notification nothing) it aplies to email even if i set the refresh time to 15 minutes i still get emails only if i manually open email app.
On miui i used weather bz and the clock remained behind hours at a time ( the time was 17:45 but the widget was showing 15:33) everithing went to normal after i opened the app.
This is very strange to me. I don't konw how to fix this issue and it is keeping me from using a cm based rom .
If any of you bumped and fixed this pls help me.
I havent encountered such a problem yet. But have you tried formating system,data,cache, etc during flashing?
And does this happen when you install the rom initially? I mean with the phone running less downloaded apps?

I read somewhere that android manages it RAM by itself, hence when it feels there is little RAM left, it automatically closes certain apps to free RAM.

What is the make of your DHD? Chinese or Taiwanese?
XDA-DEVELOPERS SENIOR MEMBER

Mickey Asamoah

DEVICE: HTC DESIRE HD
ROM: FALLEN STRIFE EDITION

Please Use The Thanks Button If I Have Helped You.

bondocel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
That is true android manages RAM by its self but this doesn't happen with any of the sense roms wich in my opinion are alot more bundled with apps.
Is there any way to lock some apps in memory ( i understood that kitkat and supercharger don't get along yet)?

bondocel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
So nobody else encountering this?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app