Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sick of 6 hours battery life

OP vorter

7th May 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Peachtree City
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
More
I consistently get 6 hours battery life with moderately heavy use (3 hours screen time, all Reddit/Web browsing on wifi). I don't think it's any of my apps. Battery is mostly used by the display and Android processes, as expected. Is there a ROM specifically built for battery life endurance?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399465974734.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	2730519  
7th May 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,444

3,362 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorter

I consistently get 6 hours battery life with moderately heavy use (3 hours screen time, all Reddit/Web browsing on wifi). I don't think it's any of my apps. Battery is mostly used by the display and Android processes, as expected. Is there a ROM specifically built for battery life endurance?

I would return for warranty.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
7th May 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #3  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,349

2,461 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

nearly 6 hours of Ingress GPS, screen on time... I currently use GPe + Flar2's excellent ElementalX kernel. On Viper, I got about 4 hours with Ex Kernel.
7th May 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 125

974 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

nearly 6 hours of Ingress GPS, screen on time... I currently use GPe + Flar2's excellent ElementalX kernel. On Viper, I got about 4 hours with Ex Kernel.

I changed the appearance of my soft keys using SoftKeyZ. If I do an OTA, will they return back to default?
8th May 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 41

201 posts
Quote:

Factory reset. And switch to art
8th May 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 96

850 posts
Quote:

Only difference between your GSAM screen and mine is bluetooth. What are you doing on bluetooth? My bluetooth time is 0, 3h on screen time, 1 day 19 hours, 23% left. See if there's a diff with it off. Only thing I can think of is autosync as well.
8th May 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #7  
Dublin
Thanks Meter: 154

467 posts
More
Quote:

Post screenshot of app usage and screen. Without that would be only blind guess.

Sent from my m8
8th May 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 9

39 posts
Have you tried the Power Saver mode?

I'm using Viper One. Had 4-5 hours of heavy use and wifi and still had 11% left over after 25 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1526861_10152434157937442_7207584199506749563_n.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	2732956  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread