Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] When making a call from my phone have the call audio on the phone by default

Tip us?

noctrin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] When making a call from my phone have the call audio on the phone by default

I looked around for an answer, but can't seem to find one. Whenever i make or answer a call with my watch connected, it defaults to the speaker and mic on my watch, which can sometimes get annoying. Any way to make it so that if i initiate the call, or answer the call using my phone, it uses my phone's audio without having to switch it? I'm wondering if tasker or something can do this, override the default device to phone if the answer action or call action was initiated from the phone.

Thanks

Brendo
Old
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
If you are using gear manager, it should default to whichever device is initiating the call
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505) | 16GB
[ROM: Stock KK 4.4.2 | XXUFNC9 | MODEM GSM/LTE: XXUEML4/XXUFMC9 | BL: PRE-KNOX | K: ADAM | RECOVERY: PhilZ]
DOMINATION | XPOSED

OTHER DEVICES:

Google Nexus 5 | 32GB
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) | 32Gb
[ROM: CM10.2 | CPU: 1.4ghz]
Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 LTE (T525) | 16Gb

Pebble (Kickstarter)
Galaxy Gear (Null_)
Gear Live ()
Google Glass (Explorer)

--------
My Android Downloads
The Following User Says Thank You to Brendo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noctrin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo View Post
If you are using gear manager, it should default to whichever device is initiating the call
I am, but i'm using it on a Nexus 4 and i had a lot of trouble getting it running. I might try a different version i guess. Good to know that's how its meant to behave.

Thanks a lot for the reply

hawkjm73
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I don't think Tasker can control the default there, but it can help some. Using Tasker with Bluetooth AutoConnect, I can enable/disable the phone handling part of the Bluetooth connection. If I am at home, or connected to my car's built in Bluetooth, I don't want to talk to my watch, so I disable then. When I'm out walking around, I'm more likely to want to answer with the watch, so I enable then. When its disabled, I use a custom Tasker scene to do caller id as well as answer and hangup buttons on the watch.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to hawkjm73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noctrin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjm73 View Post
I don't think Tasker can control the default there, but it can help some. Using Tasker with Bluetooth AutoConnect, I can enable/disable the phone handling part of the Bluetooth connection. If I am at home, or connected to my car's built in Bluetooth, I don't want to talk to my watch, so I disable then. When I'm out walking around, I'm more likely to want to answer with the watch, so I enable then. When its disabled, I use a custom Tasker scene to do caller id as well as answer and hangup buttons on the watch.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
That sounds really interesting and like a good solution, would mind going into a bit more detail on how you did it? I'm not very familiar with tasker.

Thanks!