Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 46,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Heartbleed bug fix update pulled from my wife's phone

Tip us?
 
josh030181
Old
(Last edited by josh030181; 8th May 2014 at 10:13 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 569
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Baltimoe,Md
Default Heartbleed bug fix update pulled from my wife's phone

Updated to 3.17.651.5

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2nscl3u9j...5slypsvssx.zip

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to josh030181 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
josh030181
Old
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 569
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Baltimoe,Md
My brothers phone is rooted, can he take this update without screwing his phone up?

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
gstanke
Old
#3  
gstanke's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 313
Posts: 491
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Flint
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh030181 View Post
My brothers phone is rooted, can he take this update without screwing his phone up?

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You should be able to, if s-off just connect the phone and run the ruu, if s-on relock bootloader, connect the phone and run the ruu

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app
 
jy04
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanke View Post
You should be able to, if s-off just connect the phone and run the ruu, if s-on relock bootloader, connect the phone and run the ruu

Excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't that require the RUU file?
 
gstanke
Old
#5  
gstanke's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 313
Posts: 491
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Flint
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy04 View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't that require the RUU file?
sorry for that I misread your original post, I believe to take an ota you need to have the stock recovery, you should be able to find the ruu file for the ota, is there a specific reason why you only plan to update to 3.17? The 4.13.651.4 ruu is available, granted it does wipe internal storage but it changes the data partition so you in the end have more internal storage and Android 4.3 sense 5 is amazing, my phone runs great now, no glitching or freezing on me. Just food for thought.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app
 
MFOsaka
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 165
Posts: 298
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
I'm assuming he's doing it from stock (before the newer RUU, that is) to apply the fix. There wasn't a Heartbleed bug when the 4.13 RUU was compiled. Now if there was a way to extract the revised files to use on the latter RUU, we'd be onto something.
 
josh030181
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 569
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Baltimoe,Md
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanke View Post
sorry for that I misread your original post, I believe to take an ota you need to have the stock recovery, you should be able to find the ruu file for the ota, is there a specific reason why you only plan to update to 3.17? The 4.13.651.4 ruu is available, granted it does wipe internal storage but it changes the data partition so you in the end have more internal storage and Android 4.3 sense 5 is amazing, my phone runs great now, no glitching or freezing on me. Just food for thought.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app
I can't run the ruu on my wife's phone because the usb port is skewed up and only will charge, will not stay connected to the computer.

And my brother is to lazy to transfer is internal storage to the computer, he is soff, so I was wondering if he flashed the stock recovery if he could install the update with no issues

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


LifeStats Automatic Journal Keeps Tabs of Your Day

Most of us live very active lives. This is after all why we’re fans of mobile … more

Android App Review: Hide Your Files with Androignito – XDA Developer TV

Stop right now, look at your phone, and see how many pictures, … more

BrightNotes Makes Cloud Notes Simple and Easy

There are literally thousands of note taking apps available on Android, with practically every … more

Google Glass XE20.1 Update Brings Improved Contacts, Head Nudge, New Cards and Commands

Ever since Google unveiled Android Wear earlier this … more