Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Corrupt Internal Partitions? Won't Mount or ADB.

Tip us?

jcoinster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [Q] Corrupt Internal Partitions? Won't Mount or ADB.

In TWRP, it reads "E: Unknown File System: 'datamedia'" - It's referring to data/media but it's missing the /. I can't load ADB or download mode because it wont mount. At first, i thought it was the micro USB port, so I changed it. Nope. I did get Cyanogenmod installed (It was blank) because USB worked ONCE. I can't get it to work again......

All I need to do is restore my EFS partition because I cant get Wifi right now but without USB, I can't... I have the backup EFS on my computer. Anyone know what I can do?
(It's not activated on sprint btw - that's why Im not concerned about the network)

dopy25
Old
(Last edited by dopy25; 8th May 2014 at 11:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoinster View Post
In TWRP, it reads "E: Unknown File System: 'datamedia'" - It's referring to data/media but it's missing the /. I can't load ADB or download mode because it wont mount. At first, i thought it was the micro USB port, so I changed it. Nope. I did get Cyanogenmod installed (It was blank) because USB worked ONCE. I can't get it to work again......

All I need to do is restore my EFS partition because I cant get Wifi right now but without USB, I can't... I have the backup EFS on my computer. Anyone know what I can do?
(It's not activated on sprint btw - that's why Im not concerned about the network)
Did you try wiping everything including internal storage? I am not sure where that option is in twrp, maybe under advanced?

Also, when you replaced the usb port, did anything get crossed? Does the phone charge?
Devices: Tmobile Wing (LOOONG GONE), [Huawei Mercury (dead), Evo 3D (retired after a long dirty life)] - Both Cricket - LG Optimus G Sprint ROM: PacMan 4.4.
and a few others in between.

jcoinster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25 View Post
Did you try wiping everything including internal storage? I am not sure where that option is in twrp, maybe under advanced?

Also, when you replaced the usb port, did anything get crossed? Does the phone charge?
The phone charges. I tried wiping internal storage in the first place, but now i'm afraid to wipe it again because ADB doesnt work to get everything back.

dopy25
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoinster View Post
The phone charges. I tried wiping internal storage in the first place, but now i'm afraid to wipe it again because ADB doesnt work to get everything back.
I see, what about a reset via bootloader?

Then again I think that would cause the same result. A bootloader factory reset would wipe everything.

Have you tried using a different computer? Sometimes if you're on windows it has different drivers for each mode and can't always install them correct if there is a conflict. Try a computer that you never hooked the phone up to to see if anything registers.

Are you able to get into download mode on the phone? or just recovery?
Devices: Tmobile Wing (LOOONG GONE), [Huawei Mercury (dead), Evo 3D (retired after a long dirty life)] - Both Cricket - LG Optimus G Sprint ROM: PacMan 4.4.

dopy25
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Just found this, thought since it was the same problem you have that it might help.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2642910