[Q] How is Knock Code supposed to work?

Search This thread

Scubacruiser

Jul 6, 2012
Is knock code supposed to take the phone from screen off, to screen on and unlocked in one step? When my screen is off, I enter my knock code and the screen turns on and I have to enter my knock code again to unlock. The only reason the screen turns on is because I'm essentially double-tapping knock on. I thought you enter your knock code to turn the screen on and unlock in one step. Does it work this way for anyone?

davjan

Jun 2, 2008
willebroek
On a locked Phone with screen one you just tap your knock code and device should power on and go to homescreen, works for me that way

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D802 met Tapatalk

Scubacruiser

Jul 6, 2012
Not so on mine. I thought that was how it was supposed to work.

Here's how mine works:
  • with screen off, I knock in my code
  • the screen turns on only if I knock my code in quickly (knock on is therefore turning on the screen)
  • I'm presented with the lockscreen expecting my knock code
  • I enter my knock code and the phone unlocks

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Not so on mine. I thought that was how it was supposed to work.

Here's how mine works:
  • with screen off, I knock in my code
  • the screen turns on only if I knock my code in quickly (knock on is therefore turning on the screen)
  • I'm presented with the lockscreen expecting my knock code
  • I enter my knock code and the phone unlocks

I did notice if you are on a custom rom which adds knock code but your phone still doesn't have native knock code support/update yet then this is what' going to happen, I have experienced this on cloudystock/aeonflex kk with knock code

Trixanity

Mar 11, 2014
With dorimanx kernel you can use knock code to unlock your phone when screen is off (as intended). With stock Kernel and rom, you can only use knock code when on lock screen.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

davjan

Jun 2, 2008
willebroek
With dorimanx kernel you can use knock code to unlock your phone when screen is off (as intended). With stock Kernel and rom, you can only use knock code when on lock screen.

I use stock rom and kernel, I can unlock screen with knock code when screen is off...

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
I use stock rom and kernel, I can unlock screen with knock code when screen is off...

Same here.

Will also note that the code also takes into account the timing of the taps.

Trixanity

Mar 11, 2014
I'm not familiar with it but dorimanx kernel might fix it for you. I used it myself when I was on stock 80220d to fix knock code. I've switched to pardus 7.0 now though.

treebill

Jan 28, 2011

Attachments

• 1399584713013.jpg
    1399584713013.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 116

Trixanity

Mar 11, 2014
Hmm. Strange. A bunch of people - myself included - have had knock code issues with that firmware. Guess it's not as universal as I thought.

TyJones916

Mar 21, 2012
Sac-Town
LG G8
Google Pixel 5
I've heard that only the D802 model can Knock on to Home screen. Even with custom kernels and Roms it won't do that on D800 model. I've tried every possible kernel/Rom combination.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

maydayind

Dec 10, 2011
U Must have a knockcode enabled kernel.
Stock kernel don't have it. Except 80220d.

Habe u tried dorimax using his on my 802 and have fully working knockcode