Originally Posted by TTLayland
Please understand I've gone from an atrix hd to this. While I understand adb and fast boot I am unfamiliar with Odin. I have downloaded the mk2 tar and extracted it.im I have odin 3.9.a tutorial on how to move from mf3 to mk2 without breaking my handset would be nice. I'm on mf3 with root nothing frozen no xposed.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Since you have MF3, you have a locked bootloader and so lot of things are restricted. We do not have a direct root method for kitkat and so the only go is to install a pre-rooted kitkat rom.
Your best bet is to odin flash MK2, root, install safestrap and use the kitkat magic tool to install a kitkat rom.
Using Odin is simple.
- Run odin in admin mode (right click and select "run as administrator")
- Under options, only "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" should be selected.
- Click on "BL" button and select the "BL_I337UCUEMK2_1921628_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_ CERT.tar.md5" file from the MK2 extract.
- Do the same for AP, CP and CSC
- Put the phone in download mode
- "adb reboot download" or
- power-off the phone and press power, home and volume down buttons together. Hold it till you get the warning screen where you have to press volume up key.
- Connect it to the computer. Odin should recognize and you should see an "Added!!" message in odin.
- Hit the start button.
You should now have a clean stock MK2 firmware. Remember that this will wipe all your data.
: Use saferoot
v3.72 APK. Open the app and select install recovery.
Note: Safestrap is a special recovery that is available during the normal boot process. The stock recovery is still available and can be entered by pressing home and volume up when powering up the phone.
Entering safestrap recovery:
Reboot the phone and when you see the safestrap screen, press the capacitive menu button (touch screen doesnt work).
Follow Kitkat magic tool
and install the choice your rom from the All things AT&T MK2 and NB1