FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Q] Verizon HTC one M8 vs stock HTC one m8

45 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By ransz, Member on 6th May 2014, 06:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
If i was to buy an HTC one M8 directly from HTC or a supplier that doesnt sell the Verizon version, will the clean/ no blottwear HTC phone work smoother / faster / have better battery life ?

buttom line , is having a Verizon / AT&T or whatever phone effects performance / battery life ? or is it hardly noticeable ?
 
 
6th May 2014, 07:11 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
technically, yes, you will save battery. realistically, it's negligible (for me at least) the amount of battery saved without the verizon apps.
6th May 2014, 07:24 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe21599

technically, yes, you will save battery. realistically, it's negligible (for me at least) the amount of battery saved without the verizon apps.

guessing it would be crazy of me to sell my verizon HTC one m8 and get a fresh clean out of blottwear handset ?
6th May 2014, 10:39 PM |#4  
wtoj34's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 167
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransz

guessing it would be crazy of me to sell my verizon HTC one m8 and get a fresh clean out of blottwear handset ?

Absolutely crazy. You can go into app manager and disable most of the Verizon boat on stock.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
7th May 2014, 12:00 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34

Absolutely crazy. You can go into app manager and disable most of the Verizon boat on stock.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I disabled most of them , but not all. dont wanna cause the system to crash.. are there any blottwear apps not to be disabled ?
7th May 2014, 12:03 AM |#6  
wtoj34's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 167
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransz

I disabled most of them , but not all. dont wanna cause the system to crash.. are there any blottwear apps not to be disabled ?

I disabled just about everything verizon or Amazon with no issues. There's a written list somewhere in the forums you can search for

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
8th May 2014, 08:56 AM |#7  
Napoleones's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Am thinking, yes, a phone that is not under any carrier will work do fine compare to those who are branded. Maybe because of those apps that's pre installed and will be running though your phone is off.
8th May 2014, 01:41 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Keep in mind that if you are on Verizon, then you can only use the Verizon version of the phone.
8th May 2014, 10:40 PM |#9  
Member
Flag Corona
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Is this what you are looking for?

FM radio
Flash light
Power saving mode
Extreme power saving mode
File manager
5 toggles
Music channel mode
Easy mode
HTC browser
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes