Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 38,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon HTC one M8 vs stock HTC one m8

Tip us?

ransz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Verizon HTC one M8 vs stock HTC one m8

If i was to buy an HTC one M8 directly from HTC or a supplier that doesnt sell the Verizon version, will the clean/ no blottwear HTC phone work smoother / faster / have better battery life ?

buttom line , is having a Verizon / AT&T or whatever phone effects performance / battery life ? or is it hardly noticeable ?

Abe21599
Old
Thanks Meter 32
technically, yes, you will save battery. realistically, it's negligible (for me at least) the amount of battery saved without the verizon apps.

ransz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe21599 View Post
technically, yes, you will save battery. realistically, it's negligible (for me at least) the amount of battery saved without the verizon apps.
guessing it would be crazy of me to sell my verizon HTC one m8 and get a fresh clean out of blottwear handset ?

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransz View Post
guessing it would be crazy of me to sell my verizon HTC one m8 and get a fresh clean out of blottwear handset ?
Absolutely crazy. You can go into app manager and disable most of the Verizon boat on stock.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,

ransz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34 View Post
Absolutely crazy. You can go into app manager and disable most of the Verizon boat on stock.

I disabled most of them , but not all. dont wanna cause the system to crash.. are there any blottwear apps not to be disabled ?

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransz View Post
I disabled most of them , but not all. dont wanna cause the system to crash.. are there any blottwear apps not to be disabled ?
I disabled just about everything verizon or Amazon with no issues. There's a written list somewhere in the forums you can search for

If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,

Napoleones
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Am thinking, yes, a phone that is not under any carrier will work do fine compare to those who are branded. Maybe because of those apps that's pre installed and will be running though your phone is off.

brandogg
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Keep in mind that if you are on Verizon, then you can only use the Verizon version of the phone.

Ironkidz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is this what you are looking for?

FM radio
Flash light
Power saving mode
Extreme power saving mode
File manager
5 toggles
Music channel mode
Easy mode