Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,524 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon Visual Voicemail Missing After Root and S-OFF

Tip us?

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 738

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironkidz View Post
Yeah, I tried Google voice but it was a nightmare trying to set it up on a VZW device. I swear, if it wasnt for their reception I would leave them so fast.
I have it on my vzw devices. Wife, kid, parents included. What issue did you have?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Ironkidz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
I have it on my vzw devices. Wife, kid, parents included. What issue did you have?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
It says " Unfortunately your network carrier is currently not supported for automatic voicemail configuration." When I try to set it up. I tried to follow the manual steps but no joy. Mind sharing how you set it up on your m8?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 738

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironkidz View Post
It says " Unfortunately your network carrier is currently not supported for automatic voicemail configuration." When I try to set it up. I tried to follow the manual steps but no joy. Mind sharing how you set it up on your m8?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
OK... so the first time setup I usually do from a PC while logged into google voice. There's a first time setup page there that tells you to complete a step you would likely miss otherwise. From memory... you have to enter *71 [Your GV #] and hit send on your phone. This sets up the voice mail forwarding for no answer/busy. You then open and install the google voice app and open it. ?It will ask you to login and then you hit next. I chose the option to NOT use google voice to make any calls. Click next on the setup voicemail page (you will get the unfortunately error. Hit configure. Select google voice. Hit OK on the carrier configuration prompt.

If you land at the voicemail settings screen (which is under phone settings->call) you want to see the voice mail service set to Google voice and when you click on the Voicemail Settings for google voice there you should see your google voice number there. After that, go back to the google voice app and it will sync your new mail box. Make a test voicemail call from a different phone and see what happens.

Hardest thing is getting the forwarding number setup on each phone which only needs to happen one time.... regardless of swapping phones. After that you will only ever need to run through the app setup

deeznuts
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Try installing this, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2721582
Device: Verizon HTC One (M8)
Current Rom: Stock

Ironkidz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Turns out it was extreme power saving mode that broke it.