Improve cell reception?

OP josephh71

29th April 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 15

229 posts
More
I'm on Stock rooted MK6 ROM. The call reception is very poor altogether. i have flashed a few radios and the MK6 seems to be the best i can get so far but calls drop frequently or become distorted or I'll get the "Emergency Call Only" error. Is there anything to do to improve call quality (signal) to the hand set. I'm getting the 4g but calls are lowsy
29th April 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Yabucoa
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
hi.
I have that problem with my note II
the only thing that worked for my was this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447
5th May 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephh71

I'm on Stock rooted MK6 ROM. The call reception is very poor altogether. i have flashed a few radios and the MK6 seems to be the best i can get so far but calls drop frequently or become distorted or I'll get the "Emergency Call Only" error. Is there anything to do to improve call quality (signal) to the hand set. I'm getting the 4g but calls are lowsy

YAh mine was like that too and on top of that my phone's internet stopped working even though i tried this step above still no avail i'm in a pinch situation can't afford to return phone after tripping knox counter...
The Following User Says Thank You to StarMugen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #4  
Flag lahore
Thanks Meter: 3

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephh71

It have two causes one is hardware mean device antenna and second one firm problem. You flash the device and install new firm wear if problem remain same then you should contact the repair and maintenance service provider.
The Following User Says Thank You to SpiffySelf018@yahoo.com For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 15

229 posts
More
Bad motherboard
I took it in for repair. They said they changed the antenna but still no reception. He told me it was a bad motherboard si now I'm trying to figure out what to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffySelf018@yahoo.com

It have two causes one is hardware mean device antenna and second one firm problem. You flash the device and install new firm wear if problem remain same then you should contact the repair and maintenance service provider.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread