Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,956 Members 48,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Improve cell reception?

Tip us?

josephh71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Improve cell reception?

I'm on Stock rooted MK6 ROM. The call reception is very poor altogether. i have flashed a few radios and the MK6 seems to be the best i can get so far but calls drop frequently or become distorted or I'll get the "Emergency Call Only" error. Is there anything to do to improve call quality (signal) to the hand set. I'm getting the 4g but calls are lowsy

pablo21pr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi.
I have that problem with my note II
the only thing that worked for my was this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447

StarMugen
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephh71 View Post
I'm on Stock rooted MK6 ROM. The call reception is very poor altogether. i have flashed a few radios and the MK6 seems to be the best i can get so far but calls drop frequently or become distorted or I'll get the "Emergency Call Only" error. Is there anything to do to improve call quality (signal) to the hand set. I'm getting the 4g but calls are lowsy
YAh mine was like that too and on top of that my phone's internet stopped working even though i tried this step above still no avail i'm in a pinch situation can't afford to return phone after tripping knox counter...
The Following User Says Thank You to StarMugen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SpiffySelf018@yahoo.com
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephh71 View Post
It have two causes one is hardware mean device antenna and second one firm problem. You flash the device and install new firm wear if problem remain same then you should contact the repair and maintenance service provider.
The Following User Says Thank You to SpiffySelf018@yahoo.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josephh71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Bad motherboard

I took it in for repair. They said they changed the antenna but still no reception. He told me it was a bad motherboard si now I'm trying to figure out what to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffySelf018@yahoo.com View Post
It have two causes one is hardware mean device antenna and second one firm problem. You flash the device and install new firm wear if problem remain same then you should contact the repair and maintenance service provider.