Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Android 4.4.2 Update Failed

OP Owura_G

4th May 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
I tried to update my phone today and ran into an issue. It seems that when the phone reboots into recovery mode, it says that there is an error and forces me to find the download image manually. I looked to see if it was on the SD card and there was no luck there. Is it because the download itself is corrupted in some way, or is this a bigger issue than that? BTW my phone isn't rooted if that helps
4th May 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Akron, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 77
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owura_G

I tried to update my phone today and ran into an issue. It seems that when the phone reboots into recovery mode, it says that there is an error and forces me to find the download image manually. I looked to see if it was on the SD card and there was no luck there. Is it because the download itself is corrupted in some way, or is this a bigger issue than that? BTW my phone isn't rooted if that helps

Did you get the update OTA? If so you could try a factory reset, then re-download the update OTA, and try again.
5th May 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Rooted S4 won't update to 4.4, error, rooted with CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505
I haven't gotten the OTA notification yet, but if I go to about phone, system updates it will find it and download it.
When it tries to install it will do the normal things, but at the end won't complete and says error.

What error would it be? The S4 was rotted with CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505 and I also read the source code of KitKat was realeased from Samsung. I guess I may have to wait until I get an OTA update or until one of you masters redoes the update.

Please Help.

Thank You
5th May 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 828
 
2,437 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4wontupdate

I haven't gotten the OTA notification yet, but if I go to about phone, system updates it will find it and download it.
When it tries to install it will do the normal things, but at the end won't complete and says error.

What error would it be? The S4 was rotted with CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505 and I also read the source code of KitKat was realeased from Samsung. I guess I may have to wait until I get an OTA update or until one of you masters redoes the update.

Please Help.

Thank You

You can't take ota if you aren't 100% stock. No root

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom
5th May 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

You can't take ota if you aren't 100% stock. No root

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom

The the supreme court ruled that rooting was legal.
5th May 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 316
 
996 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4wontupdate

The the supreme court ruled that rooting was legal.

The Supreme Court has no jurisdiction over Verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
5th May 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Supreme court ruled carrier unlocking is illegal I believe. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th May 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 828
 
2,437 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooandbio4me

Supreme court ruled carrier unlocking is illegal I believe. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You are confusing sim card locking with locked bootloader and Verizon can lock the bootloader...

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4wontupdate

The the supreme court ruled that rooting was legal.

Not sure what your response has to do with the issue.. If your phone isn't 100% stock. The ota will fail...been posted countless times

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom
6th May 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #9  
Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 1
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Dont like to do a factory reset. Is there a way to unroot? Rooted on MK2
9th May 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

You are confusing sim card locking with locked bootloader and Verizon can lock the bootloader...

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------



Not sure what your response has to do with the issue.. If your phone isn't 100% stock. The ota will fail...been posted countless times

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom

So if I reinstall a stock OS I can upgrade to 4.4?

BTW can you tell I'm new to this stuff

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes