Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,760 Members 48,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android 4.4.2 Update Failed

Tip us?

Owura_G
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Android 4.4.2 Update Failed

I tried to update my phone today and ran into an issue. It seems that when the phone reboots into recovery mode, it says that there is an error and forces me to find the download image manually. I looked to see if it was on the SD card and there was no luck there. Is it because the download itself is corrupted in some way, or is this a bigger issue than that? BTW my phone isn't rooted if that helps

Sir_Eagle
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owura_G View Post
I tried to update my phone today and ran into an issue. It seems that when the phone reboots into recovery mode, it says that there is an error and forces me to find the download image manually. I looked to see if it was on the SD card and there was no luck there. Is it because the download itself is corrupted in some way, or is this a bigger issue than that? BTW my phone isn't rooted if that helps
Did you get the update OTA? If so you could try a factory reset, then re-download the update OTA, and try again.
Samsung Galaxy S4 (NC5-Stock-Root-Deodex)

kmartin.smugmug

S4wontupdate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooted S4 won't update to 4.4, error, rooted with CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505

I haven't gotten the OTA notification yet, but if I go to about phone, system updates it will find it and download it.
When it tries to install it will do the normal things, but at the end won't complete and says error.

What error would it be? The S4 was rotted with CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505 and I also read the source code of KitKat was realeased from Samsung. I guess I may have to wait until I get an OTA update or until one of you masters redoes the update.

Please Help.

Thank You

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4wontupdate View Post
I haven't gotten the OTA notification yet, but if I go to about phone, system updates it will find it and download it.
When it tries to install it will do the normal things, but at the end won't complete and says error.

What error would it be? The S4 was rotted with CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505 and I also read the source code of KitKat was realeased from Samsung. I guess I may have to wait until I get an OTA update or until one of you masters redoes the update.

Please Help.

Thank You
You can't take ota if you aren't 100% stock. No root

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

S4wontupdate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
You can't take ota if you aren't 100% stock. No root

The the supreme court ruled that rooting was legal.

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
The Supreme Court has no jurisdiction over Verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental

Zooandbio4me
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Supreme court ruled carrier unlocking is illegal I believe. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooandbio4me View Post
Supreme court ruled carrier unlocking is illegal I believe. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You are confusing sim card locking with locked bootloader and Verizon can lock the bootloader...

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Not sure what your response has to do with the issue.. If your phone isn't 100% stock. The ota will fail...been posted countless times

so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

ch.ch1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Dont like to do a factory reset. Is there a way to unroot? Rooted on MK2

S4wontupdate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
You are confusing sim card locking with locked bootloader and Verizon can lock the bootloader...

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Not sure what your response has to do with the issue.. If your phone isn't 100% stock. The ota will fail...been posted countless times

So if I reinstall a stock OS I can upgrade to 4.4?

BTW can you tell I'm new to this stuff