Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-View flip case,, not getting on with it.

Tip us?

dwardo1077
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default S-View flip case,, not getting on with it.

Hi all,

I have had the official flip case for a few weeks now and to be honest its not suiting me well.

Plus sides first.
Its thin, it looks nice, its decent quality material (coming from a person who does leather-work for a hobby). The fit is very good and the finish is excellent. Screen protection is always a bonus of course.

Down sides.
One handed operation is a pain in the butt. The lid has a mind of its own which makes it a pain especially for car mounts. taking photos can be another pain whilst trying to keep the top cover out of the way, The s-view screen when closed is very limited to say the least, customisation is pretty much none existent.
When waking the phone by opening the cover it sometimes gets confused and will only give me one chance at fingerprint unlocking before timing out?? If i then use the power button to wake it gets more confused still.

I also noticed after a weekend in the pocket the case had come loose on one side. This caused the cover to not notify the phone it was there. It didnt give me a prompt to check he seal. Due to the nature of the case there is more leverage to peel the back from the phone without you easily noticing.

Dont get me wrong I am not done with this case yet but its not impressing me so far, especially given the cost, the shocking cost of it...

Thoughts from other users???

xz1llox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down Dissatisfied

I purchased the S-View as well when I got my S5

At first I loved it!

-It's sleek, professional looking IMO
-Screen protection is great
-The case stays shut like its supposed to
-Quick access to Camera
-Easily view text messages

After about a week of using it it became more of a PITA to use than anything.

-Lack of drop protection, but that's a given
-One handed use is frustrating
-No real customization to S-View screen
-I am a heavy email sender/receiver for work and I could not find a way to view email notifications on the S-View
-Inconsistent proximity sensor reaction. I would have to open the case to hang up the phone half the time
-If you flip the cover around to the back of the phone occasionally it would put the screen to sleep
-Any pictures taken while using the camera with the cover closed get saved to a separate folder within the device's storage
-Unlike the S5's screen the S-View screen would collect finger prints like crazy and I always had to clean it off

Just my 2 cents. I went back to Sprint and returned it in exchange for the Otterbox Defender and have no complaints so far!

big samm
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I also have the Sview cover and trust me its looks nice and fancy but not practical at all Mine is back in it's box. Just too cumbersome to use...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk