XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]ART on CM11 with Virgin, no data connection

Tip us?

capnfunky77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]ART on CM11 with Virgin, no data connection

I'm new here so please correct me if I'm in the wrong forum, but I'm a longtime lurker and this site has been immeasurably helpful so thank you all

Anyways I just recently picked up a E4GT for Virgin Mobile off eBay. I got the VILLUMINATI CM11.0 4.4.2 ROM installed and I'm absolutely loving it--KitKat is sleek and fast, the new camera's great, all that. I'm very interested in trying out the new ART runtime (redundant acronyms are redundant), however when I switch the phone from Dalvik to ART everything seems to run just fine but I cannot get any mobile data to work. I get basic phone reception, so voice and SMS work but no data.

I'm running the FJ12 Virgin modem (as CM11 requires an ICS modem and that is the only one I can find anywhere for a VM D710), the CM11-20140428 unofficial build, and the included 3.0.64-CMgb61 kernel (packaged with CM11.0 it would seem).

So I'm wondering if anyone else has used ART with this phone on VM, and if so does your data work/did you find a way around it? Or can I use a Sprint modem flash with the VM phone? I know it's a Sprint kernel and that's fine, but I figure the modem firmware is a little different.

Anyways, thanks in advance for any help!

capnfunky77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So after switching back to Dalvik, clearing all caches, switching back to ART, and sending a text, 3G came back. I'll update on any issues I find with ART later.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Free mobile app