Insufficient memory error when downloading new app

OP therreid

1st May 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 8

91 posts
More
My daughter's rooted and S off Droid Incredible 4G LTE is giving her an insufficient memory error when trying to download certain apps. She has a 32 gigabyte Micro SD card and is running Cyanogenmod 10.2.1. Anybody have any ideas on how to remedy this issue? I suspect we need to run certain apps from the SD card or move data over to it. I am just not sure how to do it.
2nd May 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 43

202 posts
More
This is a limitation due to the partitioning of the device, only 1GB can be used for apps and when apps are moved to SD they are moved to the internal "SD card" partition not the real SD card. There is a swap but I'm not sure if it works with CM 10.2.1 and nothing has been worked on it in about a year. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1985658

Quote:
Originally Posted by therreid

My daughter's rooted and S off Droid Incredible 4G LTE is giving her an insufficient memory error when trying to download certain apps. She has a 32 gigabyte Micro SD card and is running Cyanogenmod 10.2.1. Anybody have any ideas on how to remedy this issue? I suspect we need to run certain apps from the SD card or move data over to it. I am just not sure how to do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmuflyer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 8

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmuflyer

This is a limitation due to the partitioning of the device, only 1GB can be used for apps and when apps are moved to SD they are moved to the internal "SD card" partition not the real SD card. There is a swap but I'm not sure if it works with CM 10.2.1 and nothing has been worked on it in about a year. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1985658

I may give it a try on my backup DING 4g. I do see that for the latest version of the script there is no reverse....so hopefully I wont brick it. I wonder what happens to existing apps when you run this?
9th May 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #4  
columbus, oh
Thanks Meter: 29

213 posts
There is a reversal posted on the op...

I installed it today on my existing phone (viper rom & infernal kernel) and so far all my apps are working. Only change I've had to so far is update my gallery links.
The Following User Says Thank You to j13smiley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread