OP davethebrave14

25th March 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 86

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoJoo

Ok. Sorry. I retract my assumption

It's nice to hear. Did he mean with "Recovery system", stuff like TWRP? So it would be possible to install custom FWs? That would be great!

for now only "nandroid" like backups (the sys partition as bin) and restores.
Gran said he will take a look at twrp but right now before we try to modify any part of the system, we need a good restore tool.

His tool is not finished yet, for now only sys restore is ready in alpha stage. But better ask Gran

The next step is custom kernel (booted from original kernel) and maybe twrp.

If anyone of you is a developer and/or want to help, just join us and ask for permission to join the hangouts chat.

I am not a developer so I can not do much right now.

But we need help for

custom 2nd kernel booted from original via kexec (i think gran got the part booting the kernel, but the kernel itself is missing yet)
cwm/twrp ports (cwm untouched yet, gran took a look at twrp)
(maybe 2nd boot a different rom)
stable cm source for our device (4.4)
sw based boot into fastboot
xposed modules for stock (multimarket,navbar with recent app menu, ....)
oh we have a 855 mb cache partition, so keep in mind we cannot touch partition tables yet. If you can use the cache partition use it

Hope I don't forgot anything

https://plus.google.com/communities/...26860884592519
Last edited by mint-an; 25th March 2014 at 11:21 PM.
26th March 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 96

184 posts
More
Hi people,

First of all, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not a troll. I'm just a developer who was not exactly pleased when Amazon patched the root exploit

This tool can restore any device as long as you can boot into fastboot. If you can do that, you're golden.

Here's a link to the very very very very early alpha version for Windows.. it can only restore devices (doesn't have a root feature yet or anything else) and it's not entirely polished, but it definitely gets the job done. https://peniscorp.com/KindleRoot_dist_windows_0.1.zip

Here's the source code on GitHub... but since it's written in Lua it's pretty much included in the ZIP. https://github.com/GranPC/kindleroot

Hope you'll find it useful

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

I forgot -- email me at gran.pc@gmail.com if things go awry!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gran PC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 76

351 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleberry.graphics

Right now it will retore any s/w version to 11.3.2.1 stock, root, install gapps, fix the background bug, and we're working on using gapps and amazon appstores together. This device's bootloader cannot be cracked so Gran has porting TWRP or CWM to use as a second recovery, and booting a second kernel (like the motorola safestrap) on his to-do list, but it wont likely release with this option, as the priority is getting people unbricked

Maybe the bootloader cant be cracked, but that doesnt mean we can't do a second bootloader. Right?

Sent from my KFSOWI, 11.3.2.1, rooted, Amazon stuff replaced with Google Services.
17th April 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #14  

184 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineturtle33

Maybe the bootloader cant be cracked, but that doesnt mean we can't do a second bootloader. Right?

Sent from my KFSOWI, 11.3.2.1, rooted, Amazon stuff replaced with Google Services.

Correct, I am working on this.
17th April 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #15  

351 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran PC

Correct, I am working on this.

Woop woop.

Also, how can i make aosp settings stick after reboot? It always goes back to the stock settings app. (I'm installing aosp settings as an update to the settings app after turning off signature check in lucky patcher)

17th April 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #16  

184 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineturtle33

Woop woop.

Also, how can i make aosp settings stick after reboot? It always goes back to the stock settings app. (I'm installing aosp settings as an update to the settings app after turning off signature check in lucky patcher)

Dunno, worked fine for me.
17th April 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 74

200 posts
More
Can u say how u did it?

Gesendet von meinem KFSOWI mit Tapatalk
17th April 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #18  

184 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kollachi

Can u say how u did it?

Gesendet von meinem KFSOWI mit Tapatalk

I just pushed it to /system/app and removed the stock one. It's not rocket science.
17th April 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #19  

351 posts
Oh. I installedit as an update to stock settings after disabling sig check inlucky patcher. Maybe thats why.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Got it working. Is an aosp lockscreen a possibility? (Im on a roll with mods today)

9th May 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #20  
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 53

275 posts
More
Anything for the KHD7 11.3.2.2 and i haver a fastboot cable i made feom grand pc vid 4 to 1 thx, but can I obtain root I wannna play this rpg I was playing on my phone bet its great on the kindle

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread