Pics being sent by MMS

OP JohnM109R

9th May 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vaudreuil-Dorion
Thanks Meter: 49

447 posts
More
I don't what has changed I'm on viper Rom v150 and whenever I send a pic to a txt mesg it converts it to mms ????

Sent from my HTC One_M8
9th May 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 64

630 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM109R

I don't what has changed I'm on viper Rom v150 and whenever I send a pic to a txt mesg it converts it to mms ????

Sent from my HTC One_M8

unless I don't understand what you are trying to say (or that I am completely wrong)....but isn't that what is should do normally?
9th May 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vaudreuil-Dorion

447 posts
More
Dang I don't ever remember seeing that done even on my samy .... Isn't supposed to send it as a pic cause here in Montreal we get charged for mms sending
9th May 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #4  
Flag London

630 posts
More
Quote:

Dang I don't ever remember seeing that done even on my samy .... Isn't supposed to send it as a pic cause here in Montreal we get charged for mms sending

a text message is exactly that, a text message. It can contain text characters and nothing more.
a mms (multi media message) can be a text message, but it can also contain other media files (pics, videos, audio, etc.)

we get charged for mms in the UK as well and I think this happens in many countries unless you have it part of your phone plan.
9th May 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vaudreuil-Dorion

447 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0gd4n

a text message is exactly that, a text message. It can contain text characters and nothing more.
a mms (multi media message) can be a text message, but it can also contain other media files (pics, videos, audio, etc.)

we get charged for mms in the UK as well and I think this happens in many countries unless you have it part of your phone plan.

Hmm I don't know about this....I have a feeling its the gallery from our HTC because there is video implemented in there and it thinks its a video also..
I got to find a way to remove the video part or just use a diff picture viewer... if I'm right...
9th May 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #6  
Flag Seneca, IL
Thanks Meter: 398

646 posts
More
Pics get converted to mms, this has nothing to do with Viper, or any rom.
9th May 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #7  
Flag London

630 posts
More
Quote:

Hmm I don't know about this....I have a feeling its the gallery from our HTC because there is video implemented in there and it thinks its a video also..
I got to find a way to remove the video part or just use a diff picture viewer... if I'm right...

not sure what you're saying here, but here's some more info on sms v mms:
http://uk.ask.com/question/what-is-t...en-sms-and-mms
9th May 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vaudreuil-Dorion

447 posts
More
Thanks
9th May 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 57

273 posts
this isn't HTC specific and certainly has nothing to do with the gallery app. I've seen this in my note 3 and and note 2. Some messaging apps don't display the same message as prominently. If you try google hangouts you won't see the same message but no matter what when you send a picture your messaging app is switching it to mms.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread