Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Users menu

Tip us?
 
amaectpo
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 70
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moscow
Default Users menu

Hi all. I have some issue with Pro 8.4 LTE. I can't find menu with device users(not Google, MS and etc account) for Multiuser. I find information that this menu hove some models of 8,4 but not all. Can I active this menu?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
FluffyR
Old
#2  
FluffyR's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 89
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Do you mean this?

 
amaectpo
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 70
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyR View Post
Do you mean this?

Yes I meam this and I did'n have this menu
 
FluffyR
Old
#4  
FluffyR's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 89
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Weird. What's it look like then? It just doesn't have users after default applications?

~Galaxy TabPro SM-T320
 
amaectpo
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 70
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyR View Post
Weird. What's it look like then? It just doesn't have users after default applications?

~Galaxy TabPro SM-T320
Yes, after Default application I have Battery
 
FluffyR
Old
#6  
FluffyR's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 89
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Not sure then. Guess you have to wait for someone else to respond. In the mean time try using that live chat with a Samsung techy, maybe they can actually help you on something like this.

~Galaxy TabPro SM-T320
 
THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 25th April 2014 at 10:02 PM.)
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 723
Posts: 737
Join Date: Nov 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaectpo View Post
Hi all. I have some issue with Pro 8.4 LTE. I can't find menu with device users(not Google, MS and etc account) for Multiuser. I find information that this menu hove some models of 8,4 but not all. Can I active this menu?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I have the lte model as well and the "users" option is mysteriously missing from the menu but luckily its an easy fix...all u have to do is edit your build.prop and add the line "fw.max_users=5" (not sure but I THINK u can use any number) WITHOUT the quotations to the bottom of the file then save & reboot. I did also edit my secsettings.apk although I don't think that's actually needed for this particular mod but if the above doesnt work then I will upload it for u...on a side note I'm also working on a rom for us lte users but just don't expect anything fancy. I'm simply trying to add back all of the features that I have found to be missing in our tablets but I ran into a SLIGHT problem along the way...I BROKE MY FRICKIN SCREEN! The bad part is its NOT the glass but the actual lcd that's cracked...the irony is I actually fix this stuff for a living but the device is so new that I cant even find the part which I'm sure will cost an astronomical amount whenever it is. I apologize about the rant but needed to get that off my chest...hope that helps though
The Following User Says Thank You to THEDEVIOUS1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
joefman
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default LTE version , no USERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDEVIOUS1 View Post
I have the lte model as well and the "users" option is mysteriously missing from the menu but luckily its an easy fix...all u have to do is edit your build.prop and add the line "fw.max_users=5" (not sure but I THINK u can use any number) WITHOUT the quotations to the bottom of the file then save & reboot. I did also edit my secsettings.apk although I don't think that's actually needed for this particular mod but if the above doesnt work then I will upload it for u...on a side note I'm also working on a rom for us lte users but just don't expect anything fancy. I'm simply trying to add back all of the features that I have found to be missing in our tablets but I ran into a SLIGHT problem along the way...I BROKE MY FRICKIN SCREEN! The bad part is its NOT the glass but the actual lcd that's cracked...the irony is I actually fix this stuff for a living but the device is so new that I cant even find the part which I'm sure will cost an astronomical amount whenever it is. I apologize about the rant but needed to get that off my chest...hope that helps though
Hi -
im sure you device is rooted , if you can edit the build.prop file, correct? if so - how did you root?
currently my device is unrooted and i can bring the file up (es explorer) but cant save edits. please help me out as i would really like to add multi users.
cheers.

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefman View Post
Hi -
im sure you device is rooted , if you can edit the build.prop file, correct? if so - how did you root?
currently my device is unrooted and i can bring the file up (es explorer) but cant save edits. please help me out as i would really like to add multi users.
cheers.
i used instructiuon form this dom1n1k. blogspot post (cant post full link) then installed SDFIX to edit as per your post, it works!! thanks.
only thing is that no OTA updates. will have to wait for good ROMs
 
THEDEVIOUS1
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 723
Posts: 737
Join Date: Nov 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefman View Post
Hi -
im sure you device is rooted , if you can edit the build.prop file, correct? if so - how did you root?
currently my device is unrooted and i can bring the file up (es explorer) but cant save edits. please help me out as i would really like to add multi users.
cheers.

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------



i used instructiuon form this dom1n1k. blogspot post (cant post full link) then installed SDFIX to edit as per your post, it works!! thanks.
only thing is that no OTA updates. will have to wait for good ROMs

glad u got it going...speaking of roms i'm working on one for my fellow LTE users so come on over in the thread & try it out. The file is located in post #3...i'll create a proper thread once i get a bit more feedback

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7936&nocache=1
^8.4 LTE CUSTOM ROM DISCUSSION

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more