Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 39,055 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mirror Like Screen

Tip us?
 
erkanea
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Mirror Like Screen

Hey there,
I am having a little trouble with the screen of tablet, I don't want to see myself when looking to tablet screen. Anyone has a good idea how to solve this?
Thanks.

If needed I have root access and using Crombi-4.3 ROM

Sent from my K00C using XDA Free mobile app
 
sbdags
Old
#2  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,772
Posts: 11,263
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kenilworth, Coventry

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkanea View Post
Hey there,
I am having a little trouble with the screen of tablet, I don't want to see myself when looking to tablet screen. Anyone has a good idea how to solve this?
Thanks.

If needed I have root access and using Crombi-4.3 ROM

Sent from my K00C using XDA Free mobile app
Er... it's a shiny hi-res screen.... Is this your first tablet? I think you'll have to live with it. Or are you that ugly?

You can of course install an anti-glare screen protector but it will wreck the touch responsiveness of the screen.
 
erkanea
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Er... it's a shiny hi-res screen.... Is this your first tablet? I think you'll have to live with it. Or are you that ugly?

You can of course install an anti-glare screen protector but it will wreck the touch responsiveness of the screen.
ah yes, I am ugly and first tablet
you are a good guesser, play loto.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to erkanea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Kashban
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 486
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Er... it's a shiny hi-res screen.... Is this your first tablet? I think you'll have to live with it. Or are you that ugly?

You can of course install an anti-glare screen protector but it will wreck the touch responsiveness of the screen.
No, it won't. You lose a bit of sharpness and contrast, that's all.
1st Picture Calendar Widget THD Advertising Graphics

Devices


Samsung Galaxy S2 (CM11) - Samsung Galaxy S3 (CM 11) - Asus Transformer Pad 701 32 GiByte grey - Google Nexus 7 2013 32 GiByte - Huawei Ideox X3 (Stock rooted) - Sony XPeria J (4.1.2, rooted), TV-PC E-MC884-quad (Android 4.2), Samsung Galaxy Gea 1 (null_23)

 
sbdags
Old
#5  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,772
Posts: 11,263
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kenilworth, Coventry

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashban View Post
No, it won't. You lose a bit of sharpness and contrast, that's all.
We'll have to agree to disagree based on my experience - I have tried screen protectors from various companies on my TF201 and TF700 and in every case I either lost touch responsiveness or it made it jumpy. Angrydinosaur was having touch issues on the TF701 and guess what he removed his screen protector and it solved it. Just saying - I think they do more harm than good.

Maybe there is a good brand out there?
 
Kashban
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 486
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree based on my experience - I have tried screen protectors from various companies on my TF201 and TF700 and in every case I either lost touch responsiveness or it made it jumpy. Angrydinosaur was having touch issues on the TF701 and guess what he removed his screen protector and it solved it. Just saying - I think they do more harm than good.

Maybe there is a good brand out there?
Well, neither my TF201 nor the new TF701 suffer from the screen protector in terms of touchscreen sensitivity and accurracy. On the TF201 I had a screen protector from Mumbi, on the TF701 I have this:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00F...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You should be able to find it on Amazon.com too.

I just tested it to be sure: Even the slightest touches get recognized and there is no wiggeling or any other touch issue when using the Tablet.
1st Picture Calendar Widget THD Advertising Graphics

Devices


Samsung Galaxy S2 (CM11) - Samsung Galaxy S3 (CM 11) - Asus Transformer Pad 701 32 GiByte grey - Google Nexus 7 2013 32 GiByte - Huawei Ideox X3 (Stock rooted) - Sony XPeria J (4.1.2, rooted), TV-PC E-MC884-quad (Android 4.2), Samsung Galaxy Gea 1 (null_23)

The Following User Says Thank You to Kashban For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
badwiring
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 37
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
I am having a little trouble with the screen of tablet, I don't want to see myself when looking to tablet screen. Anyone has a good idea how to solve this?
I have the same problem. Three workarounds:
  • Use apps with a light or white background
  • Hold it about 18 inches away and focus your eyes on the screen. The reflection is harder to see
  • Tilt it about 10 degrees back.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Fix KitKat WiFi Drops on Your Own

Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more

Bring Back Tablet UI on KitKat

Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more

Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more

Keep Track of How Much Your Car Truly Costs with Car Logbook

It’s a very well established fact that cars are expensive. In addition to … more