Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 39,055 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mirror Like Screen

Tip us?

erkanea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Mirror Like Screen

Hey there,
I am having a little trouble with the screen of tablet, I don't want to see myself when looking to tablet screen. Anyone has a good idea how to solve this?
Thanks.

If needed I have root access and using Crombi-4.3 ROM

Sent from my K00C using XDA Free mobile app

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,772

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkanea View Post
Hey there,
I am having a little trouble with the screen of tablet, I don't want to see myself when looking to tablet screen. Anyone has a good idea how to solve this?
Thanks.

If needed I have root access and using Crombi-4.3 ROM

Er... it's a shiny hi-res screen.... Is this your first tablet? I think you'll have to live with it. Or are you that ugly?

You can of course install an anti-glare screen protector but it will wreck the touch responsiveness of the screen.

erkanea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Er... it's a shiny hi-res screen.... Is this your first tablet? I think you'll have to live with it. Or are you that ugly?

You can of course install an anti-glare screen protector but it will wreck the touch responsiveness of the screen.
ah yes, I am ugly and first tablet
you are a good guesser, play loto.

The Following User Says Thank You to erkanea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kashban
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:

No, it won't. You lose a bit of sharpness and contrast, that's all.
1st Picture Calendar Widget THD Advertising Graphics

Devices

Samsung Galaxy S2 (CM11) - Samsung Galaxy S3 (CM 11) - Asus Transformer Pad 701 32 GiByte grey - Google Nexus 7 2013 32 GiByte - Huawei Ideox X3 (Stock rooted) - Sony XPeria J (4.1.2, rooted), TV-PC E-MC884-quad (Android 4.2), Samsung Galaxy Gea 1 (null_23)

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,772

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashban View Post
No, it won't. You lose a bit of sharpness and contrast, that's all.
We'll have to agree to disagree based on my experience - I have tried screen protectors from various companies on my TF201 and TF700 and in every case I either lost touch responsiveness or it made it jumpy. Angrydinosaur was having touch issues on the TF701 and guess what he removed his screen protector and it solved it. Just saying - I think they do more harm than good.

Maybe there is a good brand out there?

Kashban
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree based on my experience - I have tried screen protectors from various companies on my TF201 and TF700 and in every case I either lost touch responsiveness or it made it jumpy. Angrydinosaur was having touch issues on the TF701 and guess what he removed his screen protector and it solved it. Just saying - I think they do more harm than good.

Maybe there is a good brand out there?
Well, neither my TF201 nor the new TF701 suffer from the screen protector in terms of touchscreen sensitivity and accurracy. On the TF201 I had a screen protector from Mumbi, on the TF701 I have this:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00F...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You should be able to find it on Amazon.com too.

I just tested it to be sure: Even the slightest touches get recognized and there is no wiggeling or any other touch issue when using the Tablet.
1st Picture Calendar Widget THD Advertising Graphics

Devices

Samsung Galaxy S2 (CM11) - Samsung Galaxy S3 (CM 11) - Asus Transformer Pad 701 32 GiByte grey - Google Nexus 7 2013 32 GiByte - Huawei Ideox X3 (Stock rooted) - Sony XPeria J (4.1.2, rooted), TV-PC E-MC884-quad (Android 4.2), Samsung Galaxy Gea 1 (null_23)

The Following User Says Thank You to Kashban For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badwiring
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I have the same problem. Three workarounds:
  • Use apps with a light or white background
  • Hold it about 18 inches away and focus your eyes on the screen. The reflection is harder to see
  • Tilt it about 10 degrees back.