Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,742 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LIght Flow/LLight Manager

Tip us?

mrdunn
Old
(Last edited by mrdunn; 30th April 2014 at 04:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdunn View Post
I couldn't get any of the above to work, then tried Prof Reminder on Play store and it seems to work fine for missed calls, SMS, etc. The interface is less than intuitive and was not easy to set up for me, but it worked. See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2153923 also.
So far, Prof Reminder app works for everything I have tried for both my and my wife's LG Verizon LG G2

somnambulator
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I didnt have any trouble with LightFlow on 4.2.2 and it works probably 90% on KitKat. It seems like some stock apps force their notification either briefly or permanently, but i haven't troubleshooted at all. Also I did a factory reset after upgrading to KitKat and I forgot to back up my LF settings so I may have an option off that was on before.

Klotar
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I used Light Flow on my Samsung GS3, my G2 D803 on 4.2.2* and on 4.4.2. Everything is working perfectly (native and 3rd party apps).

*That said, I initially had trouble when I first got my G2, Light Flow would not work, and the LED only blinked on native apps. I tried everything I could think of, including contacting the developer of Light Flow, who was very helpful but we could not resolve the issue.

Finally, I did a factory reset but prior to that, I turned off backup/restore of data to Google servers, and also turned off the auto-updating of apps in the Play Store. After the reset, Light Flow started working and has worked ever since including after update to KitKat.

It is my theory that a setting from my GS3 was restored onto my G2 automatically when I changed devices (i.e. shortly after signing in to my gmail account when I got my G2). Some setting I think somehow interfered with Light Flow working. While it's possible that the factory reset itself fixed the problem, I still think it was the data restore that caused my issue. In any event, that data was just a few preferences, wifi access point, bluetooth pairings and such, no big deal to set up again (you do NOT lose email, contacts, calendar, etc. -- that is entirely different from what I mean about backup/restore of data on Google Servers).
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
LG Optimus G2 D-803 | Android 4.4.2 | Rogers Wireless
The Following User Says Thank You to Klotar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamesbond_28_007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTunez View Post
Here's a screenshot of the proper settings for the G2's notification light.
That's it - you solved it. I had tried everything you said but had never left downloaded apps checked!!

Well done and thank you!
Current Device: LG G2
Rom: Changes weekly
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesbond_28_007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]