Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 41,617 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Soft bricked Note 3 tmobile

Tip us?

mcmilldew
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Soft bricked Note 3 tmobile

Once again i am here looking for help. I was flashing the stock firmware to my Note 3 via odin and something must have gone wrong. It said failed after writing some of the file to the device. Now i am in a soft brick with no recovery. I am only able to get into download mode. I have tried reflashing the firmware via odin but it fails after getting a failure to write error. Is is possible that the phone won't accept the file because maybe the usb debugging option was reset? Phone says this is read letters after the failed download. SWREV checkfail sb(1)fused 2> binary 1. If anyone has any ideas or a link that would help, i would greatly appreciate it.

mcmilldew
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mostly fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmilldew View Post
Once again i am here looking for help. I was flashing the stock firmware to my Note 3 via odin and something must have gone wrong. It said failed after writing some of the file to the device. Now i am in a soft brick with no recovery. I am only able to get into download mode. I have tried reflashing the firmware via odin but it fails after getting a failure to write error. Is is possible that the phone won't accept the file because maybe the usb debugging option was reset? Phone says this is read letters after the failed download. SWREV checkfail sb(1)fused 2> binary 1. If anyone has any ideas or a link that would help, i would greatly appreciate it.
So was able to flash twrp via Odin and then reboot into recovery and flash my backup of CM11. But odin never wants to flash stock firmware for me. I like CM but i use the s pen to much so i wanted to go back to rooted stock. Any ideas on why odin isn't working for stock firmware? its still fails after a few seconds. Anyways atleast i have a usable phone for now.

nicholaschum
Old
Thanks Meter 898

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So was able to flash twrp via Odin and then reboot into recovery and flash my backup of CM11. But odin never wants to flash stock firmware for me. I like CM but i use the s pen to much so i wanted to go back to rooted stock. Any ideas on why odin isn't working for stock firmware? its still fails after a few seconds. Anyways atleast i have a usable phone for now.
1. You should give us the problem/failure message from Odin so we can read why.

2. You're on the wrong forum if you want N900T specific help.

3. You can always flash a new TW ROM from TWRP
Problem with ROMs? Try this. Still no? Ask me on Google+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM/Downgradable and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Phone: Note 3 - Rogers SM-N900W8
C-RoM v7.1, Temasek v3.76, TWRP 2.7.1, NA2 BL, NB7 Modem, KNOX 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)
PA 4.2 Beta 2, TWRP 2.7, Multiboot - UbTouch, Ub13.10, PA, CM11

Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
"SWREV checkfail sb(1)fused 2> binary 1" usually means you are trying to downgrade something in a way that Samsung/T-Mobile does not want you to.

Most likely you need to download the latest firmware (and not the old one):

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=TMB#firmware
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7
The Following User Says Thank You to xclub_101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]