Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 41,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lumia ACPI and SMBIOS Files

Tip us?

tonbonz
Old
(Last edited by tonbonz; 5th February 2014 at 07:30 PM.) Reason: Spelling
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default Lumia ACPI and SMBIOS Files

After reading this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2632814 posted by @hutchinsane_ I mounted my Lumia's .ffu with ImgMount and used the Raw Disk Tool from OSForensics to check out some of the partition files. In doing so I came across the ACPI and SMBios files which I hadn't seen before when using ImgMount. Not sure if these are any use to the devs and haven't really looked at them(not that I'd know what to do with them anyways) but here are some screenshots of the partitions I was able to mount and the files inside. The files from screenshot G are contained in the DATA folder from screenshot F and the files from screenshot I are contained in the EFIESP folder. The ACPI/SMBIOS files are here http://www.mediafire.com/download/q1...CPI_SMBios.zip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F.png
Views:	224
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	2561045   Click image for larger version

Name:	G.png
Views:	145
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	2561046   Click image for larger version

Name:	H.png
Views:	134
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	2561047   Click image for larger version

Name:	I.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	2561048  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tonbonz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tonbonz
Old
(Last edited by tonbonz; 5th February 2014 at 07:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Another screenshot of the partitions listed. Partition 25 seems to be encrypted...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	OSF.png
Views:	65
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	2561066  

hutchinsane_
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonbonz View Post
After reading this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2632814 posted by @hutchinsane_ I mounted my Lumia's .ffu with ImgMount and used the Raw Disk Tool from OSForensics to check out some of the partition files. In doing so I came across the ACPI and SMBios files which I hadn't seen before when using ImgMount. Not sure if these are any use to the devs and haven't really looked at them(not that I'd know what to do with them anyways) but here are some screenshots of the partitions I was able to mount and the files inside. The files from screenshot G are contained in the DATA folder from screenshot F and the files from screenshot I are contained in the EFIESP folder. The ACPI/SMBIOS files are here http://www.mediafire.com/download/q1...CPI_SMBios.zip.
The ACPI and SMBIOS files are in the PLAT partition, at least this is the case on the HTC 8S. Didn't know about the Raw Disk Viewer, looks interesting. Will try it on my HTC Rom though once I'm at home (school, duh.. ) Do you have any idea what could possibly be the content of partition 25?
The Following User Says Thank You to hutchinsane_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tonbonz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchinsane_ View Post
The ACPI and SMBIOS files are in the PLAT partition, at least this is the case on the HTC 8S. Didn't know about the Raw Disk Viewer, looks interesting. Will try it on my HTC Rom though once I'm at home (school, duh.. ) Do you have any idea what could possibly be the content of partition 25?
Thanks for checking this out. Congrats on your work with the HTC rom!!! I wasn't sure which section to post in but I didn't wanna jack your thread and the devs didn't seem to want us "Nokia owners" there I'm assuming because the security on the Lumia roms is so damn tight you can't do anything without breaking the signature. I was just looking for another way to poke around the rom I'm a total noob so have no idea what could be on partition 25 but some of the partitions that claim to be empty still have data on them I just couldn't get them to mount or figure out how to extract it. Oh totally off topic but could you posssibly post the harware ID for an HTC device here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2636111 so
@bruce142 can create a script? Thanks in advance!!!

hutchinsane_
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I'll get my hardware ID once I get my device back I guess so, since at least one guy tried it (I think) and it didn't work so well. Bummer that the MAINOS on the HTC 8S Rom is Bitlocker encrypted, the header looks messed up anyway. I think they used some kind of different encryption in addition to bitlocker, even if it's only spliting up the headers.

Or they may be using a different type or protocol or revision of bitlocker, I think you get the idea.

tonbonz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchinsane_ View Post
I'll get my hardware ID once I get my device back I guess so, since at least one guy tried it (I think) and it didn't work so well. Bummer that the MAINOS on the HTC 8S Rom is Bitlocker encrypted, the header looks messed up anyway. I think they used some kind of different encryption in addition to bitlocker, even if it's only spliting up the headers.

Or they may be using a different type or protocol or revision of bitlocker, I think you get the idea.
I was able to read partition 25 by saving the whole disk as an image then when mounting the image with OSMount it asks which partition. These are the files contained in the MMOS folder in screenshot G at the beginning of this thread. I'll see about mounting the others when I have more time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Part25.png
Views:	75
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	2562653  

grilledcheesesandwich
Old
Thanks Meter 7
the smbios is identical to the ones in the htc 8x ruu. have you seen any files with keyboard shortcut configurations and explanation how the windows meta button in any of the lumias

reksden
Old
(Last edited by reksden; 9th May 2014 at 08:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by grilledcheesesandwich View Post
the smbios is identical to the ones in the htc 8x ruu. have you seen any files with keyboard shortcut configurations and explanation how the windows meta button in any of the lumias
do you about this menu on 8x ?
on my phone changed imei. pictured designated place soldering red circle.
do you think that there for track passes?