Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Be careful of Snap-On Cases

OP rahtrip

22nd April 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34

115 posts
Hey guys my friends and I noticed that those of us using Snap-On Hard cases or cases that have the metal bezel exposed at the top and bottom are noticing that the metal bezel around the phone is getting scratches all around, like little hairline scratches. Just wondering, how many others have this issue.
22nd April 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #2  
Massachusetts and stuff
Thanks Meter: 96

580 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahtrip

Hey guys my friends and I noticed that those of us using Snap-On Hard cases or cases that have the metal bezel exposed at the top and bottom are noticing that the metal bezel around the phone is getting scratches all around, like little hairline scratches. Just wondering, how many others have this issue.

I haven't used any on recent devices because snap-ons and other plastic cases always without fail, scratch and leave scuffs on my devices. I haven't trusted any for that reason, so I make sure all my cases have a TPU material on the inside. There are some great options out there too.
22nd April 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

111 posts
The M7 would scratch easily too I found especially with hard cases. I use a full body armor skin and when I need a case for a little extra protection, I use a soft gel type case that's easy to put on and take off.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd April 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Themer
Flag Danbury
Thanks Meter: 599

3,551 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yeah I have a few scratches on the aluminum edge which is not bad but very annoying since you would think adding a case would prevent this from happening.

22nd April 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 52

954 posts
It's funny this is brought up. I bought the dot view case for my phone and really have no complaints. The funny part is that I was watching a YouTube video on a review of the case the other day. The dude talked about how this particular phone tends to get nicked up on the on edges etc. He then goes on with his demo and brings up the point that the dot view cases doesn't actually snap into place but it still holds the phone well. He didn't understand why the case didn't offer a nice hard snap when putting it on the phone. After reading the thread...I guess it's because of the fear of cosmetic damage. For 50 bucks...I sure hope it wouldn't scratch my phone up.

26th April 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Case scratched my phone
I bought a Spigen clear back case for my phone, and resulted in scratches a week later. It allowed dirt and stuff to get stuck in there and scratch it up. Angry.
5th May 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #7  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 12

285 posts
More
I'm waiting for my Spigen clear case to be delivered! Oh no.

8th May 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 30

145 posts
As a rule i always avoid hard cases. On iphones, for instance, the dirt gets in betweeb the phone and a case and inevitably causes hairline scratches as the dirt is trapped. That is, of course , no issue if you clean of your phone often

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
9th May 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

45 posts
I actually had the same thing happen to me with a tpu case I bought from Amazon. It must be from dust getting under there or something. It is very frustrating.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread