No registration required

[Q] Integral (or integrated) TW/AOSP features

OP silveracura331

9th May 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quick question:

Is there a way to build, an AOSP ROM with some of our stock features? Air Command and the Galaxy apparently are non existent in any AOSP ROM I've come across (yes I know its pure Google android, but for our phones specifically). I understand that the AOSP experience is to have the same style and look of a Nexus device, but there are things that our phones lose when we put the "Pure Google Experience" on our phones. The S-Pen, for example. Air Command, nonexistent, not even a decent mod/app for it that I've found. That's one of the key features on the Note. If we lose that, we might as well have a tricked out s4/s5. I know you can pull the Galaxy app apks off of a system dump or extracting a TW ROM, but Is there any way to integrate some of the features?

I love AOSP, don't get me wrong, small, debloated, fast as hell, and it truly takes advantage of the only device on the market with 3GB of RAM. I've been on Carbon before and a fresh boot, I had 2300MB of free RAM available. But there are things about TW that I like, too.

So my question is this: What ROM out there is that light with the speed and functionality of an AOSP build, but with some (not all) features of TW? Because any ROM I come across in the dev section, the size is like 1.5GB+ as opposed to AOSP's 200MB or so.

Any clarification is appreciated, as well as any advice.

Thanks,
Mike
9th May 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,036

2,634 posts
More
Very few things from touch wiz will work .... they are all framework dependent and will not work. .. the remote works but that's about it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
9th May 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
You can't inject certain portions of the framework into an AOSP ROM even from a base build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G

Very few things from touch wiz will work .... they are all framework dependent and will not work. .. the remote works but that's about it

9th May 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,036

2,634 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silveracura331

You can't inject certain portions of the framework into an AOSP ROM even from a base build?

Don't you think that if you could take small portions of touch wiz framework it would have already been done
Cyanogen himself has a note 3 don't you think he would like certain features but there is no way to do it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread