Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 42,032 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][PORT][KK] AICP 4.4.2 unofficial

Tip us?

TheGeekyNimrod
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain View Post
Recovery has no effect on ROM/kernel performance
That's what I was thinking. Guess some people are just having phantom performance enhancement

It didn't make sense at all to me, so I'm glad I'm not noob enough to think it was true. Well, I am a noob, but not THAT noob...
Beating testicular cancer made me half nuts. Now I plan on having a ball for the rest of my life. Check em once a month fellas. Take it from me, chemo sucks ball.

Current Device

AT&T SGSII (i777) - Current Daily Driver
Ported CarbonRom (4.4.4) RB-Shift Kernel

Threads:
[Root] [CWM] Samgsung Galaxy Discover (SGH-730G) Tracfone Variant ONLY
[ROM][PORT] CarbonRom 4.4.4 [Latest Builds] for the SGH-I777
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGeekyNimrod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

goodjuju
Old
Thanks Meter 2
How's the battery life so far? Currently running AoCP 7.2 battery does not last the whole day.

SteveMurphy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodjuju View Post
How's the battery life so far? Currently running AoCP 7.2 battery does not last the whole day.
Battery is bad across the board on KK, not rom specific. You have to tweak to get through the day, but it's doable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

razen_kain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2064
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodjuju View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMurphy View Post
Battery is bad across the board on KK, not rom specific. You have to tweak to get through the day, but it's doable.
Agreed. Depends on usage but i can go a day (as in from home to work 8-10 hrs) then i usually plug back up. I don't use GPU to control ui or data hacks like uncap 3g speed. Usually about 1-2 hours screen on time throughout the day will yield 4-6% batt loss/hour. Sync on/ Facebook Greenified
The Following User Says Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micallan_17
Old
Thanks Meter 46
so far using a cm 11 based kit kat rom I got 17 hours and a half on a single charge
The Following User Says Thank You to micallan_17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

razen_kain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2064
I will be uploading new build tonight. Stand by...
The Following User Says Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

razen_kain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2064
Default OP update

Op has been updated with the latest aicp build. I start a new job tomorrow and dont have time to test it. There should not be any problems but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE nandroid backup first
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cyril279
Old
Thanks Meter 1041
An i9100 CM11 thread reports that yesterday's google camera update fixes the settings FC issue in CM. I expect similar results on CM based firmwares.

Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...7/post52501855
com.google.android.GoogleCamera-2.1.042 (1154629-30).apk: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407592239

The Following User Says Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]