Ask a question

No registration required

Franco kernel fixed multiple daily reboots

OP Nepenthy

8th May 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Not sure if its already well known or not, but the new Franco kernel in the development section fixes the random reboot issues. I was rebooting at least 3 times a day and I was getting fed up on stock ROM. Decided to flash with something else since the device was unstable already. Saw the Franco kernel and went for it. A week later I've had no random reboots and it I swear the touch detection seems a lot better as well. I will now get FC's in chrome and lightning, which is where I'd get all the reboots. Greatly prefer the FC's over reboots.
8th May 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,045

1,622 posts
More
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.

Seriously, if you're still getting FCs you got more issues than which kernel you use. I use both Chrome and Lightning launcher and never get FCs. (ElementalX kernel if that matters...which is doesn't), random reboots for devices affected (I am not affected, thankfully), will be addressed in 4.4.3.
Last edited by mdamaged; 8th May 2014 at 03:14 PM.
9th May 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamaged

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.

Seriously, if you're still getting FCs you got more issues than which kernel you use. I use both Chrome and Lightning launcher and never get FCs. (ElementalX kernel if that matters...which is doesn't), random reboots for devices affected (I am not affected, thankfully), will be addressed in 4.4.3.

If you aren't affected why even read the post? I fail to see the value add of your comments. My device was rebooting several times a day and Franco kernel fixed it.Every post I saw about random reboots said it was a hardware issue and the only recourse was to return the device. If that wasted your time maybe you should skip over the posts related to issues you don't have.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread