Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 51,013 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Enabling USB Debugging when caught in boot loop?

Tip us?

Beccy1712
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Enabling USB Debugging when caught in boot loop?

Evening all

Hope someone can help. I am a complete novice at anything technical regarding phones/tablets etc and this situation is driving me crazy.

My Nexus 7 (2012 model I believe) recently ran out of battery and after re-charging has been caught in what I believe to be a bootloop. I've tried to google for a straightforward answer that will solve my problem but nothing seems to work. I've done a factory re-set and unlocked the bootloader but do not have usb debugging enabled so appear to be stuck!

Is there anything I can do to solve this before the thing goes out the window?

Please please please help me!!!!

exglynco
Old
Thanks Meter 15
As long as you can get to your unlocked bootloader (Power up holding the power and volume down buttons), you can send Fastboot commands to your N7 and restore an operating ROM. Follow the instructions in the second thread in this forum.

Beccy1712
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by exglynco View Post
As long as you can get to your unlocked bootloader (Power up holding the power and volume down buttons), you can send Fastboot commands to your N7 and restore an operating ROM. Follow the instructions in the second thread in this forum.
my computer doesn't seem to recognise my device when i do adb devices on the command prompt - any clues please?

exglynco
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Have you installed drivers for your Nexus 7 model and PC operating system?

Captain Sweatpants
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccy1712 View Post
my computer doesn't seem to recognise my device when i do adb devices on the command prompt - any clues please?
Adb devices won't list anything in fastboot mode the command you need is fastboot devices this will confirm if you have a working fastboot connection.
Then you can proceed with flashing a factory image.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app
Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning