Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,329 Members 38,764 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Auto-Rotate no longer works

Tip us?

ACardAttack
Old
(Last edited by ACardAttack; 8th May 2014 at 07:55 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Auto-Rotate no longer works

I am on 4.4.2, rooted, goldeneye26 rom.

I am an idiot, I backed up everything with TB, but before I got around to copying it to my computer, I formated my sdcard because it was having issues

I removed some bloatware and now my phone does not rotate anymore. The issue seems to be tied to the samsung hub being removed

I found this thread, but for a different device, I tried the idea mentioned, getting a file from the rom's zip and moving it to the device, but it did not work for me. ( I was able to move it by getting write permission )
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2644293

There is a post later on in there that has a download to a zip file...the zip file contains a library file like in the first link, but also has a META-INF folder with a couple files, I could not find this folder on my phone, could this be something I clash with safestrap since it is a zip?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=23

ACardAttack
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
No one? Figure I'll at least try one bump in the hopes that someone who might have an idea might see it.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack View Post
No one? Figure I'll at least try one bump in the hopes that someone who might have an idea might see it.
The META-inf will not be on your phone. In it is what tells the zip file what to do. It is flashable on your phone but I don't know of it will work or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app

ACardAttack
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
It did not work, guess I'll look into manual rotation options, hopefully I can find something. Don't feel like reflashing my rom

droidz79
Old
Thanks Meter 57
I had the same problem before and goldeneye used to have a rotation fix in the add ons section that fixed it I still have the zip on my phone if you need it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app