[Q] Auto-Rotate no longer works

76 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
By ACardAttack, Member on 6th May 2014, 11:01 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am on 4.4.2, rooted, goldeneye26 rom.

I am an idiot, I backed up everything with TB, but before I got around to copying it to my computer, I formated my sdcard because it was having issues

I removed some bloatware and now my phone does not rotate anymore. The issue seems to be tied to the samsung hub being removed

I found this thread, but for a different device, I tried the idea mentioned, getting a file from the rom's zip and moving it to the device, but it did not work for me. ( I was able to move it by getting write permission )

There is a post later on in there that has a download to a zip file...the zip file contains a library file like in the first link, but also has a META-INF folder with a couple files, I could not find this folder on my phone, could this be something I clash with safestrap since it is a zip?
Last edited by ACardAttack; 8th May 2014 at 08:55 PM.
8th May 2014, 08:56 PM |#2  
OP Member
No one? Figure I'll at least try one bump in the hopes that someone who might have an idea might see it.
8th May 2014, 09:28 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,962
Donate to Me
Originally Posted by ACardAttack

No one? Figure I'll at least try one bump in the hopes that someone who might have an idea might see it.

The META-inf will not be on your phone. In it is what tells the zip file what to do. It is flashable on your phone but I don't know of it will work or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
9th May 2014, 02:15 PM |#4  
OP Member
It did not work, guess I'll look into manual rotation options, hopefully I can find something. Don't feel like reflashing my rom
9th May 2014, 02:35 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 62
I had the same problem before and goldeneye used to have a rotation fix in the add ons section that fixed it I still have the zip on my phone if you need it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread