Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Green theme for Nexus 7

OP SassMaster

25th April 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Alright, so I'm using a Nexus 7 with a stock ROM and i'm looking for some way to change that boring white color that they use for the battery icon and WiFi icon and pretty much every other icon. Does anyone know any basic themes that either:

1. Make the whole nexus more colorful and bright
||
2. Turn the basic white color to green

I've searched for a while and found a couple of them that were incompatible with my Nexus. After that, I found a couple of ROM's, although I'm wondering if you can just change the theme without changing ROM.
25th April 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 779

1,927 posts
More
To change the status bar icons, you can look into XPosed Framework, and install the GravityBox module as well.

To change the keyboard color, you can try alternate keyboards.

To change the color of the elements throughout the home screen, try using a custom launcher that supports themes, icons, and colors.
4th May 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarsyl

To change the status bar icons, you can look into XPosed Framework, and install the GravityBox module as well.

To change the keyboard color, you can try alternate keyboards.

To change the color of the elements throughout the home screen, try using a custom launcher that supports themes, icons, and colors.

OK. I understand most of that, I'm just wondering what exactly the custom launcher is. Is it like a new version of boot loader that launches the device differently or something?
4th May 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #4  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 779

1,927 posts
More
You seem to be thinking too much about the word "launcher." It is simply a change of the default homescreen that you see when you unlock your phone.

In the Play Store, here are a few names that you can search for:
Nova Launcher
Go Launcher
Apex Launcher
MIUI Home
Lucid Launcher

You can also search for icon packs for your launcher, and it will change some of the default icons, depending on the pack.
5th May 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #5  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 425

1,746 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassMaster

OK. I understand most of that, I'm just wondering what exactly the custom launcher is. Is it like a new version of boot loader that launches the device differently or something?

You may be thinking of a custom theme. You have to use CM or AOKP as they have theme engines.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th May 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #6  
Flag Fremont, OH
Thanks Meter: 94

503 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

You may be thinking of a custom theme. You have to use CM or AOKP as they have theme engines.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Or you can use HKThemeManager from Xposed. It doesn't work as nicely as CM theme engine, but it gets the job done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread