Possible Bad Battery Packs?

OP SkyHawkTech

9th May 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
After reading project update #65, specifically this paragraph:

"Technical Issue / delay: The TrueSmart are tested one by one before leaving the factory, one of the last batches of battery packs of the 1GB+8GB 2100MHz we received three weeks ago, did not connect well to the main board when we closed the battery cover, we have been working with our battery pack supplier to rework that batch as it did not pass our QC. None of the defective battery pack units have been shipped. The TrueSmart is a complex project and we must deal with long lead-time materials. This has affected our previous shipment plan but we will receive new battery packs on Monday and therefore we can replace them, pack the remaining TrueSmart and ship accordingly."

I can confirm that either the battery pack size is too thick and/or the through pins, on the battery cover, are too short and not allowing them to make adequate contact to the underlying pads. The only way I could get a watch to charge was to put a "shim" of paper on top of the crystal, close the cradle, allowing extra pressure to squeeze the watch tighter on the side with the charging port. Doing this allowed the watch to charge.

I suspect the pads within the base frame of the watch need to be raised in order to adequately contact the through pins on the battery cover or replace the battery with a thinner one. Omitting the rubber seal is not an option.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
won't charge
Previous Thread Next Thread