Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 43,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issues with Unbricking

Tip us?

tacks86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Issues with Unbricking

Hi all, I've been a lurker for the past few months and have finally run into an issue that I can't seem to fix without some help. I have a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 that I tried using a one-click rootkit on (Kingo Android ROOT) and it has soft-bricked my tab. I have already done my homework and found the one or two extensive step-by-step guides, and have downloaded Odin to remedy the issue, but I am having difficulties tracking down the firmware. I downloaded the given firmware from sammobile (it took forever and also, there is no USA firmware listed? I downloaded the British instead), and when I try to extract the data from the compressed folder, it tells me that the file doesn't exist and that I probably typed the filename in wrong. I am all about working things out myself but this one has me stumped; and although I consider myself technologically savvy, I am nowhere near the level of most of you on these forums. Also, I would be fine with just doing a hard reset, but the only mode the tab will boot into is download mode, so I can't do a factory reset unless there is another way (can't access settings, and will only boot to the galaxy tab 3 logo screen or to download mode, neither of which do me any good). Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

gamethriller
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Keep searching. The USA odin file is what you need to bring it back. I had a Verizon s3, same problem, I had to tear down the internet looking for the file. Finally found it and got it to work.

thanitos
Old
Thanks Meter 122
What I did is just did a firmware recovery in samsung kies, click tools on the top then click Firmware upgradeand initialisation. It asks for your modle I havw the t110 so I type SM-T110 the click ok and it will ask for a serial number, put it in and start the en download. Youll need to put your tsblet into download mode for kies to install

Sent from my SM-T110 using XDA Free mobile app